BUSI 300 QUIZ 3. QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS. (LATEST)1. Which of the following is a feature of persuasive communication?
It involves techniques that are usuall... [Show More] y hard to sell.
It involves an honest presentation of information.
It is only applicable to verbal communication.
It is an attempt to trap someone into taking action favorable to the communicator.
2. Which of the following summarizes the AIDA steps in the persuasive process?
Gaining attention, initiating action, discussing benefits, and initiating acceptance
Gaining attention, generating interest, creating desire, and motivating action
Gaining attention, insinuating action, creating desire, and initiating acceptance
Gaining acceptance, inviting questions, designating action, and encouraging attention
3. To get a reader's attention, you must:
offer something new and fresh.
introduce a product only in the last sentence.
not choose an unfamiliar anecdote.
not stress on the central selling point.
4. A new product to reduce cholesterol is on the market with a price that is higher than that of the competitors' products. Where should writers introduce price in their sales message?
Throughout the message, as a central selling point
In the end, as the reason for taking action
At the beginning, as an attention-getter
Late in the message, along with its benefits
5. Which of the following is an effective statement for requesting action?
We hope you will fill out your preferences for us to customize the product.
Let us hear from you about your purchase decision.
Make your purchase before December 15, and receive your rebate.
Make a decision soon and you might get your product delivered immediately
6. Which of the following is true of claim messages?
They are usually received from unethical individuals.
They always require the use of persuasion.
They have legal obligations attached to the message.
They help companies identify problem areas.
7. The discussion of persuasive requests assumes requests are unreasonable.
8. Brian works for Pharmatech Labs and is conducting research on a certain topic. For the research, he needs a budget of $50000, but the authorities of the lab are willing to fund him only $30000. In this context, this restraint on the budget is an example of a _____.
hypothesis [Show Less]