1) Which of the following is NOT an advantage of using the GPC? [Identify the business model for the GPC Program.]
Empowers a single... [Show More] individual to handle all aspects of the purchasing process.
Reduces DoD invoicing costs.
Gives DoD access to information about what its components buy.
Enables the government to earn rebates.
2) A best practice calls for the Cardholder to reconcile transactions in the Statement of Account within how many days of the billing cycle end date? [Recognize the governing process flow of the GPC Program.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
3) The Cardholder is the only individual authorized to write checks. [Identify the key roles and responsibilities of various participants in the GPC Program.]
4) Which of the following descriptions does NOT apply to PCOLS? [Identify the requirement for, and capabilities of, the Purchase Card Online System (PCOLS).] [Remediation Accessed :N]
Tracks GPC purchase amounts for reporting to the Defense Finance and Accounting Service
Allows automatic cancellation of CH accounts
Allows automatic removal of GPC users upon retirement
Reviews GPC transactions for compliance with policy and regulation
5) You receive a request to purchase construction services. After obtaining all necessary approvals, you call the construction company, which advises you that the cost for their services will total $2,400. You agree to make the purchase, and the construction company accepts your GPC as the method of purchase. What did you do wrong? [Identify the various micro-purchase thresholds.]
You did not pay for the services via the Internet.
You forgot that cnstruction must be purchased only through the “Emergency Purchases” procedures established by your local Contracting Office.
You made a purchase for construction with the GPC that exceeded $2,000.
6) The GPC may be used to make purchases: [Recognize what the Cardholder must consider prior to making different types of GPC transactions.]
All of these
Over the counter
Via the Internet
7) You use your GPC to purchase a case of envelopes from a merchant. When you get back to the office, you realize that the envelope size will not meet the requirement, so you return the item to the merchant. Which of the following are you authorized to accept?
Credit to your CH account
All of these
8) What is the Cardholder Statement of Account? [Recognize the procedures for reconciling account statements for each billing cycle.]
A document reflecting all purchases and credits that have been posted to the CH’s account during a 30-day billing cycle.
An official document sent to the Approving Official from the card-issuing bank requesting payment for charges against a GPC account.
A Government invoice sent to the CH that requests payment for all GPC transaction activity.
9) Convenience checks shall not be written to Cash. [Recognize the processes of using convenience checks and foreign draft accounts.]
10) In order to use the GPC for simplified acquisitions up to $25,000 outside the United States and its jurisdictions, the Cardholder, Merchant, and supply/delivery execution must all be outside the United States and its jurisdictions. [Recognize the requirements for using the GPC for purchases that exceed the micro-purchase threshold but do not exceed $25,000 outside the United States and U.S. jurisdictions.]
11) Component procedures may authorize DoD GPC Ordering Officers to make purchases up to the Simplified Acquisition Threshold in which of the following cases? [Recognize ordering officer authority to use the GPC.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
All of these
At or below the micro-purchase threshold against Federal Supply Schedule contracts, EMALL, or other ordering systems that are authorized in Component procedures
Above or below the micro-purchase threshold against contract vehicles issued for the Component by a Contracting Officer that contain a provision authorizing order and payment by the GPC
Using Simplified Acquisition Procedures above or below the micro-purchase threshold against Federal Supply Contract vehicles
12) Prior to certifying the MA billing statement for contract payment by GPC, the A/BO must: [Identify requirements for using the GPC to pay against contracts and to pay for training.]
All of these
Review and ensure all CH supporting documentation supports the payment
Ensure adequate funds are available to make the payment
Obtain additional training to ensure the A/BO understands the additional roles and responsibilities of a contract payment CH
13) Which of the following is the term for a shipment of supplies or equipment that is delayed along the transportation chain and will not move until all problems are resolved? [Identify methods to avoid frustrated freight.]
None of these
14) Which of the following is an agreement that is not binding solely because the Government representative who made it lacked the authority to enter into that agreement on behalf of the Government? [Recognize restrictions on GPC use.]
All of these
15) Which of the following constitutes Cardholder fraud? [Identify the types of fraud.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
All of these
A CH’s unauthorized purchase of power tools for their home
A supplier’s intentional charges for services not provided
The unauthorized use by a third party of a CH’s compromised or stolen account for personal gain
16) The first step to follow when a Cardholder becomes aware of a lost or stolen card or check is to examine his or her statement of account to determine whether there are any disputable charges. [Describe the reporting procedures of lost or stolen Government Purchase Cards/Checks]
17) Executive Orders 12674 and 12731 form the foundational policy on the ethical conduct of Federal employees. All of the following are violations of these Executive Orders except: [Identify ethical standards of conduct and their regulatory/legal foundation.]
Making authorized commitments
Using public office for private gain
Giving preferential treatment to any person or organization
Defrauding the Government
18) The Purchase Card On-Line System (PCOLS) Data Mining (DM) tool fulfills the mandate that DoD use effective systems, techniques, and technologies to prevent or identify potential fraudulent purchases. [Recognize the impact of the Government Charge Card Abuse Prevention Act]
19) The Government Charge Card Abuse Prevention Act requires specific corrective actions for GPC Program violations. [Describe the corrective actions that may be taken against GPC program participants who misuse their GPC authority] [Remediation Accessed :N]
1) Which of the following is the last step of the GPC Program process flow? [Recognize the governing process flow of the GPC Program.]
The Defense Finance and Accounting Service pays the bank.
The merchant transmits purchases for processing.
The CH obtains required approvals.
The A/BO signs a certification statement.
2) Use of PCOLS to establish, maintain, and terminate GPC accounts is mandatory for DoD components. [Identify the requirement for, and capabilities of, the Purchase Card Online System (PCOLS).]
3) Which of the following statements is false? [Recognize ordering officer authority to use the GPC.]
Only DoD contractors may be appointed as Ordering Officers
Ordering Officers are established to provide DoD Components with the ability to make purchases against existing contracts to support their mission
No Ordering Officer may be appointed until they have received training commensurate with their delegated authority
All of these
4) The term fraud includes unauthorized actions by both Cardholders and Merchants. [Identify the types of fraud.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
5) Penalties prescribed for employee misuse of purchase cards or convenience checks include dismissal of the employee. [Describe the corrective actions that may be taken against GPC program participants who misuse their GPC authority]
1) Use of the GPC to acquire supplies or services that are unauthorized and intended for personal use or gain constitutes ____ against the Government. [Identify the types of fraud.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
All of these [Show Less]