RN Comprehensive Predictor 2019 Form A
1. A nurse in a pediatric unit is preparing to insert an IV catheter for 7-year-... [Show More] old. Which of the following actions
should the nurse take?
A. (Unable to read)
B. Tell the child they will feel discomfort during the catheter insertion.
C. Use a mummy restraint to hold the child during the catheter insertion.
D. Require the parents to leave the room during the procedure.
2. A nurse is caring for a client who has arteriovenous fistula Which of the following findings should the nurse
A. Thrill upon palpation.
B. Absence of a bruit.
C. Distended blood vessels.
D. Swishing sound upon auscultation.
3. A nurse is providing discharge teaching for a client who has an implantable cardioverter defibrillator which
of the following statements demonstrates understanding of the teaching?
A. “I will soak in the tub rather and showering”
B. “I will wear loose clothing around my ICD”
C. “I will stop using my microwave oven at home because of my ICD”
D. “I can hold my cellphone on the same side of my body as the ICD”
4. A nurse is caring for a client who is at 14 weeks gestation and reports feelings of ambivalence about being
pregnant. Which of the following responses should the nurse make?
A. “Describe your feelings to me about being pregnant”
B. “You should discuss your feelings about being pregnant with your provider”
C. “Have you discussed these feelings with your partner?”
D. “When did you start having these feelings?”
Downloaded by John Wachira ([email protected])
5. A nurse is planning care for a client who has a prescription for a bowel- training program following a spinal
cord injury. Which of the following actions should the nurse include in the plan of care?
A. Encourage a maximum fluid intake of 1,500 ml per day.
B. Increase the amount of refined grains in the client’s diet.
C. Provide the client with a cold drink prior to defecation.
D. Administer a rectal suppository 30 minutes prior to scheduled defecation times.
6. A nurse is caring for a client who is in active labor and requests pain management. Which of the following
actions should the nurse take?
A. Administer ondansetron.
B. Place the client in a warm shower.
C. Apply fundal pressure during contractions.
D. Assist the client to a supine position. [Show Less]