RN ATI FUNDAMENTALS (10.0)
1. A nurse is discussing restorative health care with a newly licensed nurse. Which of the following examples sh... [Show More] ould the nurse include in the teaching? (Select all that apply.)
a. Home health care
b. Rehabilitation facilities
c. Diagnostic centers
d. Skilled nursing facilities
e. Oncology centers
2. A nurse is explaining the various types of health care coverage clients might have to a group of nurses. Which of the following health care financing mechanisms should the nurse include as federally funded? (Select all that apply.)
a. Preferred provider organization (PPO)
c. Long-term care insurance
d. Exclusive provider organization (EPO)
3. A nurse manager is developing strategies to care for the increasing number of clients who have obesity. Which of the following actions should the nurse include as a primary health care strategy?
a. Collaborating with providers to perform obesity screenings during routine office visits.
b. Ensuring the availability of specialized beds in rehabilitation centers for clients who have obesity.
c. Providing specialized intraoperative training in surgical treatments for obesity.
d. Educating acute care nurses about postoperative complications related to obesity.
4. A nurse is discussing the purpose of regulatory agencies during a staff meeting. Which of the following tasks should the nurse identify as the responsibility of state licensing boards?
a. Monitoring evidence-based practice for clients who have a specific diagnosis.
b. Ensuring that health care providers comply with regulations.
c. Setting quality standards for accreditation of health care facilities.
d. Determining whether medications are safe for administration to clients.
5. A nurse is explaining the various levels of health care services to a group of newly licensed nurses. Which of the following examples of care or care settings should the nurse classify as tertiary care? (Select all that apply.)
a. Intensive care unit
b. Oncology treatment center
c. Burn center [Show Less]