For this portion of the assignment, you will be creating a vision board. A vision board is a collage of images, pictures and affirmations of one's ... [Show More] dreams, desires, and goals designed to serve as a source of inspiration and motivation. A vision board uses the law of attraction to attain your goals.
Complete the following steps to create your vision board:
1. Print and fill out the diagram on the last page of this worksheet or sketch a similar diagram on a piece of poster board to fill out. It is important to use BOTH words and images to represent your goals.
Write down notes on your thoughts in each category, focusing on:
a. What you are doing currently to fulfill this aspect of your life?
b. What are your goals for this area of your life?
2. Write your goals and ideas onto the poster in their associated sections. For example, a possible goal that would go in the Career/Life Path section could be, Land My Dream Job. For each goal, think about and write down how the other sections of the vision board are related to your path to reaching that goal. Consider why you are motivated to achieve the goal, what skills and knowledge you will need to achieve the goal, how much time you will need to reach the goal, and who might be able to help you achieve the goal.
3. Find words and images that represent your goals in magazines, online, or in newspapers.
4. Print or cut out your words and images, and sort them based on which section of your vision board they belong.
5. Edit and place your words and images on your vision board.
6. Add any of your own words or drawings that you think add value to each section that you did not find in Step 4.
7. If you wish to use PowerPoint, you can arrange all 9 pictures on the one slide and then make sure to copy and paste that slide to the worksheet.
8. Display your vision board in a place where you can see it each day.
** You may also copy photos from clip art found on the Internet and paste them into each of the categories below to create your vision board. Perhaps save this vision board image as your screen saver!
Take a picture of your completed vision board to submit with this worksheet.
(Note: Students are not required to create a printed hard copy of their Vision Board. Students can create an electronic version of their Vision Board using Microsoft® Word, PowerPoint®, or similar software. However, they must follow the same instructions detailed above.)
Respond to each of the following questions:
1. Write 75 to 90 words describing three or four words or pictures you included on your vision board. Why did you select each of these items?
2. Write 75 to 90 words about the steps you can now take to achieve the goals on your vision board. List the intrinsic and extrinsic factors motivating you to achieve what is represented on your vision board. Remember intrinsic motivation is motivation that comes from inside, while extrinsic motivation is motivation that comes from the outside. Both of these types of motivation are described on p. 271 in Ch. 7 of Psychology of Success.
3. Write 50 to 75 words about what motivates you in your academic life. Are these motivators different from what motivates you in your personal life? Why or why not? [Show Less]