1. Which of the following statements is NOT true about palliative care teams?
2. A 55-year-old women has type 2 DM sh... [Show More] e had three UTIs in the last 9 months and she is concerned about her kidneys. She has no report of dysuria, frequency or urgency at this time. Which of the following is the best action to follow?
3. According to the sexuality presentation, atrophic vaginitis (AV)
4. Ms. L 55-year-old women with BMI of 28, has 20-year hx of primary HTN and has been on hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg daily for years with excellent response. During follow up visit Mrs L reports that for the last 6 months she has felt thirsty all of the time even though she drinks at least 10 glasses of water a day. Upon chart review the N notes that the last two fasting blood glucose levels have been 136 mg/dl and 165 mg/dl. The NP checks a random blood glucose, which is 210 mg/dl. What is the next appropriate test?
5. A patient has been prescribed Metformin (Glucophage). One week later he returns with lowered blood sugars but complaints of some loose stools during the week. How should the NP respond?
6. A 60-year-old obese male client has type 2 DM and a lipid panel of TC= 250, HDL = 32, LDL=
165. The NP teaches the patient about his modifiable cardiac risk factors which include:
7. Lifestyle approaches to postmenopausal symptom management include
8. When treating depression associated with dementia, which of the following would be a poor choice and should not be prescribed?
9. How does women’s anatomy make them more susceptible to UTIs?
10. Don’t have
11. don’t have
12. A 48-year-old male patient screened for diabetes has a fasting plasma glucose level of 120 mg/dl. The NP plan includes
13. Which of the following assessments are commonly noted in a client with Parkinson’s disease?
14. A 76-year-old man is seen in the office for c/o urinary incontinence. The clinician should explore which of these causes of incontinence in men?
15. Which of the following maneuvers is contraindicated in acute prostatis?
16. Mrs. N a 65-year-old women with BMI of 29 on Medicare , has a 20-year hx of primary HTN and has been on HCTZ 25 mg daily for years , reports that for the past 6 months she has felt thirsty all of the time even though she drinks at least 10 glasses of water a day. Upon charting NP notes that the last two fasting blood glucose levels have been 136 mg/dl and 165 mg/dl. What actions should the NP perform next?
17. According to the WHO analgesic ladder, which drug combination would be most appropriate in an opiate-naïve patient who presents with moderate pain?
18. The cornerstone of pharmacotherapy in treating Alzheimer’s disease is :
19. The highest level of evidence to support interventions at the end of life is with:
20. The comorbid psychiatric problem with the highest frequency in dementia is:
21. All of the following are true statements regarding elder abuse EXCEPT:
22. Which of the following is a role of the advanced nurse in ?????
23. The proposed mechanism by which diphenhydramine causes delirium is:
24. A drug that can be used to treat two very common symptoms in a dying patient (pain and dyspnea) is :
25. According to the Palliative Care presentation, hospice care may be provided to:
26. A 68-year-old women is being worked up for stress incontinence. UA reveals positive leukocyte esterase, positive nitrites, 15 WBCs, no RBS, no protein, no casts. She denies frequency, urgency, suprapubic pressure or urgency. What is the first treatment for her US results?
27. The elderly are at higher risk for delirium because of:
28. A 63-year-old man is seen in the clinic with a c/o nocturia. Which of the following should be included in the differential diagnosis?
29. A 75-year-old man is being treated as an outpatient for metastatic prostate cancer. Which of the following statements is true regarding the management of pain with opioids in the elderly?
30. The highest level of evidence with the [Show Less]