1) The LPN/LVN is planning care for the a client who has fourth degree midline laceration that occurred during vaginal delivery of an 8 pound 10 ounce infa... [Show More] nt. What intervention has the highest priority?
A. Administer Prescribed stool softener
B. Administer prescribed PRN sleep medications.
C. Encourage breastfeeding to promote uterine involution
D. Encourage use of prescribed analgesic perineal sprays.
Correct Answer: A. Administer Prescribed stool softener
2) The LPN/LVN is palpating the right upper hypochondriac region of the abdomen of a client. What organ lies underneath this area.
B. Gastric Pylorus
Correct Answer: C. Liver
3) A client comes to the antepartal clinic and tells the LPN/LVN that she is 6 weeks pregnant. Which sign is she most likely to report?
A. Decreased sexual libido
Correct Answer: B. Amenorrhea
4) A client's daughter phones the charge nurse to report that the night LPN/ LVN did not provide good care for her mother. What response should the nurse make?
A. Ask for a description of what happened during the night
B. Tell the daughter to talk to the unit's nurse manager
C. Reassure the daughter that the mother will get better care.
D. Explain that all the staff are doing the best they can.
Correct Answer: A. Ask for a description of what happened during the night
5) A hosptitalized toddler who is recovering from a sickle cell crisis holds a toy and say's "mine". According to Erikson's theory of psychosocial development, this child's behavior is a demonstration of which developmental stage?
A. Autonomy vs. Shame and doubt.
B. Industry vs. Inferiority
C. intiative vs. Guilt
D. Trust vs. Mistrust
Correct Answer: A. Autonomy vs. Shame and doubt.
6) Which action should the LPN/LVN implement in caring for a client following an electroencephalogram (EEG)?
A. Monitor the client's vital signs q4h
B. Assess for sensation in the client's lower extremities
C. Instruct the client to maintain bed rest for eight hours
D. Wash any paste from the client's hair and scalp
Correct Answer: D. Wash any paste from the client's hair and scalp
7) The LPN/LVN is caring for a 75- year-old male client who is beginning to form a decubitus ulcer at the coccyx. Which intervention will be most helpful in preventing further development of the decubitus?
A. Encourage the client to eat foods high in protein
B. Assess the client with daily range of motion exercises
C. Teach the family how to perform sterile wound care
D. Ensure the IV fluids are administered as prescribed [Show Less]