1. a nurse is providing teaching to a client who has AIDS. Which of following states by the client indicates an understanding?
2. How long s... [Show More] hould pt hold breath after inhal- ing meter dosage inhaler?
3. A nurse is reviewing the laboratory findings of a client who developed chest pain 6 hr ago. The nurse should identify which of the following findings as an indication of a my- ocardial infarction(MI)?
4. A nurse is caring for a client who had a nephrostomy tube inserted 12hr ago. Which of the following findings should the nurse report to the provider?
I will take my temperature once a day.
A client who has AIDS is im- munocompromised and is at risk for infection. The client should check their tempera- ture daily to identify a tem- perature greater than 37.8° C (100° F), which is an early manifestation of an infection.
10 seconds after inhaling
R: The client should hold their breath for 10 seconds after inhaling so the medica- tion can move deep into the airways.
Troponin 8 ng/mL
R: Troponins are proteins present in skeletal and car- diac muscle that are involved with muscle contraction. The elevation of either troponin T or troponin I is an indication of cardiac injury. The client's laboratory value is above the expected reference range for troponin I, indicating an MI has occurred.
The client is reporting back pain.
R: The nurse should notify the provider if the client re-
5. A nurse is providing teaching about infec- tion prevention to a client who had AIDS. Which of the following is true?
6. A nurse is performing preoperative teaching for a client scheduled to have a right modi- fied radical mastectomy. Which of the follow- ing should the nurse include in the client's plan of care?
ports back pain, which can indicate that the nephros- tomy tube is dislodged or clogged.
I will no longer floss my after brushing my teeth.
R: The nurse should instruct the client to avoid flossing teeth to prevent gum inflam- mation, which could create the opportunity for infection
numbness can occur along the inside of the affected arm.
R: The nurse should instruct the client that numbness can occur near the incision and along the inside of the affect- ed arm due to nerve injury.
7. do after total knee arthroplasty? flex the foot every hour when
R: The nurse should in- struct the client to flex the foot every hour to reduce the risk for thromboembolism and promote venous return.
8. a nurse is providing education to clients who is at risk for osteoporosis.
walk for 30 min 4 times per week
9. preop teaching for mastectomy I will refer u to community
resources that can provide support
R: The nurse should provide the client with support re- sources, including communi- ty programs, to assist the client with acceptance of body image changes.
10. hypothyroidism c/m constipation
R: A client who has hy- pothyroidism can [Show Less]