1. A nurse is providing teaching to a group of new parents about medications. The nurse
should include that aspirin is contraindicated for children who ha... [Show More] ve a viral infection due
to the risk of developing which of the following adverse effects?
a. Reye's syndrome
b. Visual disturbances
c. Diabetes mellitus
d. Wilm's tumor
2. A nurse is providing teaching to a client who has chronic kidney failure with an AV
fistula for hemodialysis and new prescription for epoetin alfa. Which of the following
therapeutic effects of epoetin alfa should the nurse include in the teaching?
a. Reduces blood pressure
b. Inhibits clotting of fistula
c. Promotes RBC production
d. Stimulates growth of neutrophils
3. A nurse is caring for a client who has peptic ulcer disease and reports a headache. Which
of the following medications should the nurse plan to administer?
a. Ibuprofen (NSAIDS)
b. Naproxen (NSAIDS)
c. Aspirin (NSAIDS)
d. Acetaminophen (anlagesics)
4. A nurse is caring for a client who has prescription for clopidogrel. The nurse should
monitor the client for which of the following adverse effects?
5. A nurse is teaching a newly licensed nurse about contraindications to ceftriaxone. The
nurse should include a severe allergy to which of the following medications as
contraindication to ceftriaxone?
6. A nurse is providing teaching to a newly licensed nurse about metoclopramide. The
nurse should include in the teaching that which of the following conditions is a
contraindication to this medication?
b. Intestinal obstruction
d. Low blood pressure
7. A nurse is assessing a client who has a new prescription for chlorpromazine to treat
schizophrenia. The client has a mask like facial expression and is experiencing
involuntary movements and tremors. Which of the following medications should the
nurse anticipate administering?
b. Bupropion (aytpical antidepressant)
c. Phenelzine (MAOI)
d. Hydroxyzine (Antihistamine)
8. A nurse is administering subQ epinephrine for a client who is experiencing anaphylaxis.
The nurse should monitor the client for which of the following adverse effects?
9. A nurse is providing teaching to a client who has UTI and new prescription for
phenazopyridine and ciprofloxacin. Which of the following statements by the client
indicates the need for further teaching?
a. If the phenazopyridine upsets my stomach, I can take it with meals.
b. The phenazopyridine will relieve my discomfort, but the cipro will get rid of the
c. I need to drink2 liters of fluid per day while I am taking cipro.
d. I should notify my provider immediately if my urine turns an orange color.
10. A nurse is caring for an older adult client who has a prescription for zolpidem at bedtime
to promote sleep. The nurse should plan to monitor the client for which of the following
b. Decreased urine output
c. Increased blood pressure
d. Dizziness... [Show Less]