ASSESSMENT LEADERSHIP AND COMMUNITY HEALTH
1. An occupational health nurse is preparing to teach a health promotion class for workers at a warehouse... [Show More] . Which of the following statements should the nurse include?
"Rub your hands together for at least 10 seconds when washing them."
"Keep your abdominal muscles tightened when lifting objects."
"Ensure that 20 percent or less of calories are from saturated fats."
"Engage in aerobic exercise 2 to 4 days per week for 20 min."
2. A nurse is preparing an in-service about family violence for a group of newly licensed nurses. Which of the following statements should the nurse include in the teaching?
"Perpetrators of family-directed violence recognize their behavior as abnormal."
"Female clients who experience partner violence are at greater risk for acute diseases."
"The victim's risk for homicide is greatest when they decide to leave the relationship."
"The level of violence of the events decreases over time."
3. A community health nurse is reviewing primary prevention strategies for West Nile virus with a group of clients in a rural health clinic. Which of the following instructions should the nurse include?
Avoid exposure to deer ticks.
Eliminate areas of standing water.
Use a respiratory mask when cleaning bird coops.
Plan outdoor activities after dusk
4. A school nurse is providing care for students in an elementary education facility. Which of the following interventions by the nurse addresses the primary level of prevention?
Design interventions for a student's individual education plan (IEP).
Teach students about healthy food choices.
Perform first aid for minor injuries.
Perform scoliosis screenings for students.
5. A nurse is conducting a home visit with an older adult client. Which of the following observations should the nurse address to promote a safe environment?
Loud volume of the television set
Wall-to-wall carpet in the living room
Low chairs without armrests
Use of indirect lighting [Show Less]