Learning how to navigate the online classroom environment is essential to your academic success. GCU’s Learning Management System (LMS) Lou... [Show More] dCloud has many resources to help you become a successful graduate student.
View the LoudCloud Walk to Class Tutorialas well as search LoudCloud to find answers to the questions below. You should complete the guide while navigating theLoudCloud environment.
Part A: Answer each prompt
1. List the tabs and other items on the screen when you first enter a course in LoudCloud.
2. Under the “Resources” tab in LoudCloud, click on the “Student Success Center" link. Search for “Policies” and review GCU’s participation policy. What do you need to do to make sure you are properly participating in the online classroom?
3. Under the “Resources” tab in LoudCloud, click on the “Student Success Center" link. Search for “Style Guides and Templates” and review the APA Style Guide and APA Template (without Abstract) documents. Why do you think academic writing requires such strict formatting?
4. Under the “Resources” Tab in LoudCloud, click on the “Student Success Center." Under which section in the Student Success Center can you find official Microsoft Tutorials for their software products?
5. Under the “Resources” Tab in LoudCloud, click on“Student Success Center". Click on “Explore Tools” andthen “New Student Success” scroll down to locate “Tutorials and Webinars”.Which tutorial or webinardo you think might be most helpful for you?
6. From the course home page in LoudCloud, find where you can see your current grade in the course.
7. Click on the “Resources” Tab in the classroom. Click on “Syllabus." What are all the different sections found in the Syllabus?Look at the “Overall” and “Current” sections of the syllabus. (Hint: they might be the orange sections on the left of the screen.)
8. Click on “Library” under the “Resources” tab. Find a time that a GCU Library Introduction webinar tour is available. Write down a time and date that one is offered.
Part B: Highlight the correct response
9. Where are the topic lectures found?
a) The Syllabus
b) Course Materials
c) Main Forum
d) Both A and B
10. From the main page of the Student Success Center, which of the following is not found under the “Explore Tools” link?
a) The Writing Center
b) New Student Success
c) Virtual Campus Tour
d) Academic Excellence Center
11. What do Course Materials in Loud Cloud consist of?
a) Lecture Notes, Electronic Resources, and Textbook
b) Computer, Internet, and Software
c) Pens, Paper, and Books
d) The Syllabus, Discussion Forum, and Student Success Center
12. Where do you find the “Announcements" tab for a course in LoudCloud?
a) In the LoudCloud tool bar at the top of the classroom
b) The Calendar
c) The Syllabus
d) The instructor emails them to you at the start of each week.
13. What would you do if you wanted to ask your instructor a question in which you felt your classmates could benefit from the answer as well?
a) Send him or her a personal email
b) Post the question in the Main Forum
c) Post the question in the Individual Forum
d) Post the question in the Questions to Instructor Forum
14. Looking at the Forum Section under the Tasks tab, which section is not listed in Loud Cloud?
a) Main Forum
b) Question to Instructor Forum
c) Assignment Forum
d) Individual Forum
15. Where are the weekly topic learning objectives found?
a) On the Calendar
b) In the Syllabus
c) In the Main Forum
d) Under the Tasks Tab
16. Where is the syllabus found in Loud Cloud?
a) Under the Calendar tab
b) Under the Resources tab
c) In the Main Forum
d) Under the Tasks Tab [Show Less]