1. Based on the Nielsen ratings, the local CBS affiliate claims its 11 p.m. newscast reaches 41% of the
viewing audience in the area. In a survey of 100 v... [Show More] iewers, 36% indicated that they watch the late
evening news on this local CBS station. What is the p-value?
2. A company is researching the effectiveness of a new website design to decrease the time to access a
website. Five website users were randomly selected, and their times (in seconds) to access the website
with the old and new designs were recorded. To compare the times, they computed (new website
design time - old website design time). The results follow.
For a 0.01 significance level, what is the decision regarding the hypothesis that the training was
effective in improving customer relationships?
A. Reject the null hypothesis and conclude that the new design reduced mean access times.
B. Reject the null hypothesis and conclude that the new design did not reduce mean access times.
C. Fail to reject the null hypothesis.
D. Fail to reject the null hypothesis and conclude that the mean access times are inaccurate.
3. Given the following ANOVA table for three treatments each with six observations:
What is the decision regarding the null hypothesis?
A. Reject H0—there is a difference in treatment means.
B. Fail to reject H0—there is a difference in treatment means.
C. Reject H0—there is a difference in errors.
D. Fail to reject H0—there is a difference in errors.
4. A sales manager for an advertising agency believes that there is a relationship between the number of
contacts that a salesperson makes and the amount of sales dollars earned. A regression analysis
shows the following results:
What is the slope of the linear equation?
5. Using the following information:
What is the coefficient of determination? Round the percentage to one decimal point.
D. 136.9% [Show Less]