. A nurse is reaching a client and his family how to care for the client’s tracheostomy at home.
Which of the following should the nurse include in the ... [Show More] teaching?
a. Use tracheostomy covers when outdoors
2. A home health nurse is performing a follow-up visit for a client who has a gastrostomy tube
through which they receive intermittent feedings and medications. The client has recently
developed diarrhea. Which of the following findings should the nurse identify as a possible cause
of the diarrhea?
a. The client’s care giver washed out the feeding bag once every 24 hours with
3. A nurse is talking with an older adult client who is contemplating retirement. The clientstates, “I
keep thinking about how much I enjoy my job. I’m not sure I want to retire.” Which of the
following responses should the nurse make?
a. Let’stalk about how the change in your job status will affect you.
4. A nurse is assessing a client who reports increased pain following pt. Which of the following
questions should the nurse ask When assessing the quality of the client’s pain?
a. Sharp & dull
5. A nurse is caring for a client who is expressing anger about his diagnosis of colorectal cancer.
Which of the following actions should the nurse take?
a. Reassure the client that thisis an expected response to grief.
6. A nurse on a medical-surgical unit is caring for a client who has a new prescription for wrist
restraints. Which of the following actions should the nurse take?
a. Pad the client’s wrist before applying the restraints
7. A nurse is performing a home safety assessment for a client who is receiving supplemental
oxygen. Which of the following observations should the nurse identify as propersafety protocol?
a. The client uses no acetone nail polish remover.
8. Nurse caring for a client who has a respiratory infection. What technique should she use when
preforming nasotracheal suctioning?
a. Apply intermittentsuction when withdrawing the catheter.
9. Nurse is preparing for change ofshift. Which document or tools should the nurse use to
10. Nurse is planning care for a client who had a stroke. Whatshould be assigned to the assistive
a. -Assist the client with a partial bed bath.
b. -Measure the client’s BP afterthe nurse administers antihypertensive meds.
c. -Use a communication board to ask what the client wantsfor lunch.
11. Nurse caring for a client who has dementia. What interventions should be taken to minimize risk
a. Use bed exit alarm system
12. Nurse performing a skin assessment for a client who expresses concern aboutskin cancer. What
findings should the nurse identify as a potential indication of a skin malignancy?
a. A mole with an asymmetrical appearance
13. Nurse is administering optic ear medication on an adult client. Which action should be done to
ensure the medication reached the inner ear?
a. Press gently on the tragus of the client’s ear.
14. Nurse is planning strategies to manage time effectively for client care. Whatshould the nurse
a. Use the planning step of the nursing processto prioritize client care delivery.
15. Nurse car...........................................................CONTINUED......................................................DOWNLOAD FOR BEST SCORES [Show Less]