PN2 NUR 2571 EXAM 1 QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS. (LATEST) 4. A client has a tracheostomy tube in place. When the nurse suctions the client, food particles are no... [Show More] ted. What action by the nurse is best?
b. Measure and compare cuff pressures.
2. A nurse assesses a client after an open lung biopsy. Which assessment finding is matched with the correct intervention?
c. Client has reduced breath sounds. Nurse calls physician immediately.
3. A nurse assesses a clients respiratory status. Which information is of highest priority for the nurse to obtain?
d. Occupation and hobbies
2. A nurse assesses a client who is experiencing an acid-base imbalance. The clients arterial blood gas values are pH 7.34, PaO2 88 mm Hg, PaCO2 38 mm Hg, and HCO3 19 mEq/L. Which assessment should the nurse perform first?
a. Cardiac rate and rhythm
6. A nurse assesses a client who is admitted with an acid-base imbalance. The clients arterial blood gas values are pH 7.32, PaO2 85 mm Hg, PaCO2 34 mm Hg, and HCO3 16 mEq/L. What action should the nurse take next?
a. Assess clients rate, rhythm, and depth of respiration.
7. A nurse is assessing a client who is recovering from a lung biopsy. Which assessment finding requires immediate action?
b. Absent breath sounds
8. A nurse is caring for a client who has just experienced a 90-second tonic-clonic seizure. The clients arterial blood gas values are pH 6.88, PaO2 50 mm Hg, PaCO2 60 mm Hg, and HCO3 22 mEq/L. Which action should the nurse take first?
a. Apply oxygen by mask or nasal cannula.
8. A nurse is caring for a client who is scheduled to undergo a thoracentesis. Which intervention should the nurse complete prior to the procedure?
d. Validate that informed consent has been given by the client.
9. A nurse assesses a client after a thoracentesis. Which assessment finding warrants immediate action?
d. The trachea is deviated toward the opposite side of the neck.
1.A nurse is caring for a client who has just had a central venous access line inserted. Which action should the nurse take next?
b. Ensure an x-ray is completed to confirm placement.
3.A nurse teaches a client who is being discharged home with a peripherally inserted central catheter (PICC). Which statement should the nurse include in this clients teaching?
a. Avoid carrying your grandchild with the arm that has the central catheter.
5.A nurse is caring for a client who is receiving an epidural infusion for pain management. Which assessment finding requires immediate intervention from the nurse?
b. Report of headache and stiff neck
ANS: B [Show Less]