1. Which discipline within the Earth sciences focuses on the solid Earth?
2. The two components of an atom that are found in the nucleus are:
3. What non... [Show More] -silicate mineral group is characterized by having a CO32- ending?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the groups of mineral properties?
5. A material of characteristic physical and chemical properties which cannot be broken down into simpler substances by chemical processes is called a(n):
6. Which component of the geosphere is liquid?
7. Which of the following minerals is a native element?
8. Which type of approach to science often must evaluate multiple competing hypotheses simultaneously?
9. The region where light is able to penetrate the water of the ocean is called the _____________ zone.
10. What kind of igneous rock forms the majority of the ocean crust?
11. Who developed the model for science/religion interactions discussed in your textbook?
12. Which of the following minerals is a silicate?
13. Which of the following is a silicate mineral made with a complex, 3-D arrangement of silica-oxygen tetrahedra?
14. Which of the following is NOT one of the characteristics of the natural sciences?
15. All of the following are defining attributes of minerals EXCEPT:
16. Which origins position is the longest-held one in Christianity and Judaism?
17. Which origins position is the dominant one within the sciences?
18. The way that a mineral reflects light off of its surface is called its ________________.
19. Noah’s flood provides ideal conditions for the formation of rubies, and emeralds.
20. Naturalistic evolution holds that God has guided evolutionary processes over time.
21. The negatively charged component of a molecule is called the anion.
22. A hypothesis is a rigorously tested and successful scientific idea that is often expressed as a mathematical formula.
23. Silica and oxygen are rare components of the Earth’s crust.
24. A rock is an aggregate of one or more minerals. [Show Less]