NSG 6430 /NSG643O Women_s Health Exam Study Guide. A+ RATED.Abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB) has multiple causes. When a woman presents and
reports menstru... [Show More] al irregularity with amenorrhea, which is the most common cause of
• The Tanner scale of sexual maturity rating allows for accurate classification of physical
pubertal maturation. During the examination of your patient, you notice that the pubic
hair is increased in quantity, is darker, and is present in the typical female triangle but in
a smaller quantity. Which of the following Tanner stages does this description meet?
Tanner stage I
Tanner stage II
Tanner stage III
Tanner stage IV
• A twenty-five-year-old patient presents with urinary frequency and urgency. These
symptoms have been occurring for three days without fever. A patient with interstitial
cystitis would most likely describe their symptoms as _______.
urinary urgency and frequency in the morning and at night
pain with urination with scant bleeding
urinary urgency only
• The most common cause of chronic pelvic pain for women in the prime of their
reproductive years is
• A fifty-two-year-old female patient comes in for her annual well-woman examination. Her LMP
was fourteen months ago without any breakthrough bleeding. She has also developed some
hirsutism. You would document this as __.
polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS)
• Polycystic ovaries predispose women to a higher incidence of:
• A definitive diagnosis of endometriosis cannot be made until which of these is completed?
• After a thorough history, you note that Marie resides in a community with very high risk
factors. These include poverty, violence, and lack of recreational facilities. She tells you that she
“hangs out” at a convenience store near the apartment complex she lives at with her mother.
“All the group hangs there,” she reports proudly. She shares that she has been menstruating for
two years now although she has irregular cycles. She also lets you know that she has had coitus
only one time and that he “pulled out.” She does not want to get pregnant, and this is why she
is here today.
What is your management plan for Marie today? [Show Less]