Chamberlain College of Nursing : NR 293 Final Exam / NR293 Final Exam (Latest): Pharmacology for Nursing Practice
NR 293 Final Exam / NR293 Final Exam (La... [Show More] test): Chamberlain College of Nursing: Pharmacology for Nursing Practice
NR293 Pharmacology Final Exam/ NR 293 Pharm Final (Latest): Chamberlain College of Nursing: Pharmacology for Nursing Practice
Chamberlain NR 293 Final Exam / Chamberlain NR293 Final Exam (Latest): Pharmacology for Nursing Practice
1. Name a dissociative drug that should be given with Ace to reduce rigidity and the eyes must be lubed.
2. Most commonly used inhalant anesthetic that is expelled through the lungs.
3. An anticholinergic pre-anesthetic drug that is used to slow down the heart rate and decreases salivation.
4. Known for its yellow color what is a phenothiazine tranquilizer that is also used as a pre-anesthetic?
5. Which sedative also goes by the name Rompum and causes 2nd degree heart block when used?
6. What is the anticonvulsant that is used for status epilepticus and an appetite stimulant? (Hint: Valium)
7. What is the anticonvulsant that could also cause liver problems when used?
8. Name the CNS stimulant that increase respiration. (Hint: Doxapram)
9. This drug reverses Xylazine and Amitraz.
10. This drug should be in an emergency kit in case the patient's heart has stopped or the patient undergoes anaphylactic shock.
11. Used for supraventricular fibrillation also known as the number one local anesthetic.
12. This drug is used to increase the contraction of the heart.
13. Name two ace-inhibitor drugs that lowers the blood pressure and dilates the blood vessels.
14. Which ace-inhibitor drug is the better choice when dealing with an animal that has kidney problems?
15. This drug is also used as a diuretic, it is used when an animal has Congestive heart failure. (Hint: Lasix)
16. When this drug is used in horses it relaxes the muscles, in dogs it can be used as an expectorant.
17. This drug is used when an animal has allergies or anxiety (behavior). (hint Generic name)
18. Helps to dilate the bronchial and also increases the heart rate, but it causes anxious activity in an animal.
19. This drug can be used as a pre-anesthetic but it is also used to block the cough reflexes when the dog has a dry cough. (Hint: Bordetella tracheobronchitis)
20. What is the drug that is used as a mucolytic but is also the antidote for tylenol toxicity?
21. This drug is initially used for urinary incontinence but it can also be used as a decongestant.
22. What is the drug that relieves vomiting and diarrhea and but it decreases the absorption of other drugs?
23. This drugs forms into a sticky paste and also binds with proteins.
24. An antiemetic that helps by speeding up gastric emptying.
25. This drug is a potent emetic
26. This drug is used to decrease HCL production also know as Tagamet
27. Used as a stool softener
28. Helps to decrease the urge to vomit also known as Cerenia
29. When an animal has diarrhea this is the number one drug to use, it is also efficient against Giardia.
30. When animals have a long estrus this drug is used to terminate the estrus. also know as Cystorelin
31. This hormone is used to maintain a pregnancy
32. It is best that pregnant women do not handle this drug, it can cause the corpus luteum to lyse.
33. Will stop an dog and cat from cycling, but also increases the risk of the animal to get a pyometra. Also known as Ovaban
34. Could cause bone marrow suppression and urinary incontinence but this drug is used to synch the estrus of animals.
35. This drug is the loop diuretic, which also is used with Congestive heart failure.
36. Which osmotic diuretic can be used to decrease cranial pressure caused by glaucoma and us usually given IV?
37. What cholinergic drug promotes the contraction of the bladder for an animal that has an Atonic bladder?
38. This drug treats diabetes insipidus
39. What is the drug that is used to stop bacteria growth and infections when an animal has a stone? This drug can cause the urine to become acidic.
40. This drug strengthens the urinary sphincter to stop a dog from dribbling urine.
41. What is the main functioning unit of the Kidney?
42. Usually used for systematic fungal infections such as Blasto and Histo given Iv but can be nephrotoxic.
43. What drug is used orally for antifungal but is hepatotoxic?
44. This oil or microil is antifungal and enhances absorption.
45. This drug is not absorbed well orally so must be used topically it is an antifungal drug.
46. This disinfectant kills Gram positive and Gram Negative viruses
47. Examples of this disinfectant are Bleach and Iodine. It gets gram positive and gram negative bacteria, fungi and viruses
48. What antiparasitic drug gets whips, rounds, hooks, and some tape worms?
49. Used to kill parasites, sarcoptic mange and ear mites
50. This antiparasitic drug mimics acetylcholine. It gets rounds and hook
51. Gets tapes
52. What is the anti parasitic drug that kills adult heartworms?
53. What is the antiparasitic that kills coccidia?
54. What anti-inflammatory drug is used for colic in horses and also causes some G.I problems? (Hint: Flunixin)
55. Taper animals off of this steroid in order to prevent addisons
56. This drug is used as a vehicle used to transport other drugs, wear gloves when using it.
57. Aspirin , Carprofen, Duramax, Manitor
58. A topical glucocorticoid
59. This is used to stop bleeding when an animals toe nail is cut too short. (caustic)
60. Topical Antifungal
61. Drains the fluid out of the tissue also known as Magna paste
62. This is a drying agent, astringent
63. What drug is used in glaucoma treatment? This drug miotic causes the eye to constrict
64. This is a dye used to check for corneal abrasions
65. Topical anesthetic for the eye
66. A mydriatic drug that dilates the pupil for eye exams
67. Used in glaucoma treatments, decreases aqueous humor
68. This is used to treat KCS and immune-mediated diseases
69. An antitumor antibiotic
70. Microorganisms lose virulence through attenuation but still provide immunity
71. Made from microbes that have been chemically killed
72. Made from live microorganisms may be fully virulent
73. Contains antibodies obtained from animals short lived protection
74. More than one antigen is present, less injections are required
75. Cidal, Beta lactam ring, side effects G.I and allergic reactions kills gram positive bacteria
76. Cidal, Kills gram positive and some gram negative. Nephrotoxic and ototoxic. Clindamycin and Gentamicin
77. Static, Don't give with milk, antacids, and iron. Broad spectrum treats blood parasites.
78. Cidal, kills gram positive and negative bacteria, don't use in growing animals (Baytril or Cipro)
79. This drug is similar to penicillin and has multiple generations given parenterally
80. Static, Broad spectrum drug, may cause KCS. SOme anti protozoal activity.
81. This is a muscle relaxant, it is spasmolytic, Used for animals with back problems
82. Treats muscle contractions, Paralytic agent.
83. Used for rumen atony is cows.
84. White, Given IV, Induction drug [Show Less]