IHUMAN Case Study Samantha Graves - Complete Solutions (Graded A+
I-Human Samantha Graves Student Name: _________
Date: ____... [Show More] ______
Primary Care of Adolescents & Children
Patient Information: SG, 18-month-old, African-American, Female
CC (chief complaint): Vomiting and diarrhea
HPI: Samantha is a 18-month-old female who presents today with her mother with complaints of vomiting and diarrhea times 2 days. Sister recently had similar symptoms. Her mother reports that Samantha has vomited 4-5 times daily for the past two days and had 3-4 episodes of liquid diarrhea daily for the past two days. Vomit is liquid with some partially digested food. Diarrhea is liquid. Denies coffee-ground emesis or blood in stool or vomit. No fever, cough, decreased activity. The mother does report concerns over decreased appetite. Had been taking Pedialyte and tolerating small amounts of Pedialyte and milk. Physical exam without signs of dehydration, abdominal pain, or rebound tenderness.
Current meds: None
Pertinent PMHx: Samantha is in general good health. No pertinent past medical history noted. She is up to date on immunizations and has regular check-ups. She has met all developmental milestones for her age and is at the 75th percentile for height and weight.
Birth: Hep B
2 months: DTaP, IPV, HIB, PCV13, Rotavirus, Hep B 4 months: DTaP, IPV, HIB, PCV13, Rotavirus,
6 months: DTaP, IPV, HIB, PCV13, Rotavirus, Hep B, Influenza 1st dose 7 months: Influenza 2nd dose
12 months: MMR, Varicella, Hep A 1st dose 15 months: DTaP, HIB, PCV13, due today
Social hx: Lives in an apartment with her parents and 4 year old sister. Her mother is a teacher and her father is an engineer.
1. Mother, 32-years-old, healthy
2. Father, 36-years-old, healthy
History Questions Asked:
1. How can I help her today?
2. When did her nausea and/or vomiting start?
3. What are the events surrounding the start of her nausea and/or vomiting?
4. Does anything make her nausea and/or vomiting better or worse?
5. Does she have any pain or other symptoms associated with her nausea and/or vomiting?
6. How severe is her nausea and/or vomiting?
7. Has she vomited so forcefully that the vomit went to the other side of the room?
8. Do you have any pain in your abdomen?
9. Does she have diarrhea?
10. Does she have bloody stools?
11. Does she have black tar-like or foul smelling stools?
12. When did her diarrhea start?
13. Do her symptoms persist if she stops eating?
14. Does she have any pain or other symptoms associated with her diarrhea?
15. Does her diarrhea keep her from sleeping?
16. Has she had diarrhea like this before?
17. Has there been any change in her diarrhea over time?
18. Does anyone in her family have diarrhe?
19. What treatments has she had for her diarrhea?
20. What does her vomit look like?
21. Is anyone in her family also suffering with nausea and/or vomiting?
22. What treatments has she had for her nausea and/or vomiting?
23. Does she have any allergies?
24. Is she taking any prescription medications?
25. Is she taking any over-the-counter or herbal medications? [Show Less]