ICS-100 The major activities of the planning section include
1. In ICS, the members of the Command Staff assume the title of:
2. The dif... [Show More] ference between a Strike Team and a Task Force is:
D. Strike Teams have similar resources while Task Forces are comprised of mixed resources.
3. Which incident facility is the location where personnel and equipment are kept while waiting for tactical assignments?
A. Staging Area
4. Which Section Chief is responsible for ensuring that assigned incident personnel are fed and have communications, medical support, and transportation as needed to meet the operational objectives?
D. Logistics Section Chief
5. You are implementing tactical activities to achieve the incident objectives. What is the correct title of the ICS organizational element to which you are assigned?
D. Planning Section
6. Before leaving an incident assignment, you should do all of the following
EXCEPT FOR: B. Self-dispatch to another incident.
7. You are working in a complex incident. There are multiple Incident
Commanders representing multiple jurisdictions working together to establish incident objectives. What type of ICS structure is being used?
A. Unified Command
8. Check-in, initial briefing, recordkeeping, and demobilization procedures are all necessary to ensure:
9. Command is:
C. Directing, ordering, or controlling by virtue of explicit statutory, regulatory, or delegated authority.
10. Which of the following organizational entities within the Operations
Section may be used to divide an incident geographically?
11. Span of control refers to:
A. The number of individuals or resources that one supervisor can manage effectively during an incident.
12. TRUE OR FALSE: Someone who serves as a Director every day might not hold that title when deployed under an ICS structure. A. True
13. If the Incident Commander designates personnel to provide public information, safety, and liaison services, the personnel are collectively referred to as the:
A. Command Staff.
14. Interoperability means:
D. Communication equipment, procedures, and systems can operate together during a response.
15. The major activities of the Planning Section include:
D. Preparing and documenting Incident Action Plans.
16. After being deployed and arriving on scene at an incident, the first task for response personnel is to:
B. Check in and receive an assignment.
17. A Deputy is the support position for all of the following positions,
A. Public Information Officer.
18. You are a Group Supervisor working in a Branch within the Operations
Section. Who is your immediate supervisor?
A. Branch Director
19. The ability to communicate within ICS is absolutely critical. To ensure
efficient, clear communication, ICS requires the use of:
D. Common terminology.
20. The Liaison Officer:
A. Is the point of contact for other response organizations.
21. At the incident scene, who handles media inquires?
A. Public Information Officer
22. Who has overall responsibility for managing the on-scene incident?
B. Incident Commander
23. Which ICS function records time accounting and procures needed items?
24. The Incident Command System (ICS) is:
C. A standardized approach to incident management that is applicable for use in all hazards.
25. The Operations Section Chief:
D. Directs tactical actions to achieve the incident objectives. [Show Less]