1. A male client with schizophrenia is admitted to the mental health unit after abruptly stopping his prescription for ziprasidone (Geodon) one month ago. ... [Show More] Which question is most important for the nurse to ask the client?
2. A female client with a history of drinking who was admitted 8 hours ago after receiving treatment for minor abrasions occurred from a fall at home. The nurse determines the client's blood alcohol level (BAL) was not analyzed on administration action should the nurse take
3. A male client is admitted to the psychiatric inpatient unit with a bandaged flesh wound after attempting to shoot himself. he is recently divorced one year ago, lost his job four months ago, and suffered a break up of his current relationship last week. What is the most likely source of this client's current feelings of depression
4. What is the most important goal for a client diagnosed with major depression who has been receiving an antidepressant medication for two weeks
5. A male adult comes to the mental health clinic and walks back and forth in front of the office door, but does not enter the office. He then walks around a chair that is in the hallway several times before sitting down in the chair. What action should the nurse take first
6. A male client in the mental health unit is guarded and vaguely answers the nurse's questions. He isolates to his room and sometimes opens the door to peek into the hall. Which problem can the nurse anticipate
7. A male client who is seen in the mental health clinic monthly reports feeling very stressed and nervous and further describes becoming angry increasingly more often during the last month. What action should the nurse take first
8. A 26-year-old female client has been particularly restless and the nurse finds her trying to leave the psychiatric unit. She tells
her the nurse," please let me leave because the secret police are after me." Which response is best for the nurse
9. The nurse is preparing medications for a client with bipolar disorder and notices that the antipsychotic medication was discontinued several days ago. Which medication should also be discontinued
10. A young woman is preparing to be discharged from the psychiatric unit. Which nursing intervention is most important for the nurse to include in this phase of the nurse client relationship
11. A female high school teacher who was a child of alcoholic parents seeks counseling at the community health clinic because of depression over a student who was killed by a drunk driver. After several weeks of counseling, which behavior is the best indicator that the client is coping well with the anxiety related to the student's death
12. A male client arrives at the mental health clinic and asks the nurse for more lithium and the antidepressant (Elavil) that he uses to help him sleep. After reviewing his assessment findings with the healthcare provider, a serum creatinine is obtained. What information supports the reason for this laboratory test
13. The nurse is teaching a client about the initiation of a prescribed abstinence therapy using disulfiram (Antabuse). What information should the client acknowledge understanding?
14. When preparing to administer a domestic violence screening tool to a female client, which statement should the nurse provide
15. A client with schizophrenia who is taking Haldol begins exhibiting tremors of the extremities. Which intervention should the nurse implement
16. A male client with bipolar disorder tells the nurse that he needs to "make some deals so that he can improve his retirement savings." Based on this information, which client outcome should the nurse include in the plan of care
17. one on one session and nurse begins to get angry at patient
18. patient with schizophrenia, drug and alcohol abuse in hospital for hepatitis, contact healthcare provider before giving
19. teenaged girl self-induced vomiting
20. antidepressant side effects
21. no TV in room tell patient
22. A woman who started chemotherapy three days ago for cancer of the breast calls the clinic reporting that she is so upset she cannot sleep. The client has several PRN medications available. Which drug should the nurse instruct her to take?
23. A male adult is admitted because of an acetaminophen (Tylenol) overdose. After transfer to the mental health unit, the client is told he has liver damage. Which information is most important for the nurse to include in the client's discharge plan?
24. patient being discharged
25. The nurse documents the mental status of a female client who has been hospitalized for several days by court order, The client states, "I don't need to be here" and tells the nurse that she believes that the television talks to her. The nurse should document these assessment findings in which section of the mental status exam?
26. depressed mother and daughter speaks in group
27. A client who has agoraphobia (a fear of crowds) is beginning desensitization with the therapist, and the nurse is reinforcing the process. Which intervention has the highest priority for this client's plan of care?
28. When a male client is asked about his reason for coming to the mental health clinic he replies, "It all started because I work in a hostile work environment. My boss would not let me go to a religious service, so I went to human resources, and they didn't want to do anything. It has been a really difficult time for me." Which response should the nurse provide?
29. ECT therapy non responsive
30. adolescent teen interrupts group about pets at home
31. client in bed all weekend, depression
32. postpartum depression Sign & Symptoms (3)
34. stealing clothes
35. health assessment of history of alcohol dependency WHAT ELSE WOULD BE A CONCERN
36. knee surgery post op and diaphoretic and visual hallucinations
37. aspiration due to caustic material related to suicide attempt
38. A 38-yea- old female client is admitted with a diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. When her tray is brought to her food to eat and tells the nurse, "I know you are trying to poison me with that food." Which response would be most appropriate for the nurse to make?
39. During a one-to-one session, the nurse begins to become angry with the client. Which action should the nurse take?
40. A MHW mental health worker is caring for a client with escalating aggression behavior, what action by the MHW warrants immediate intervention by the nurse [Show Less]