HESI GRAMMAR REVIEW
Select the word or phrase that makes the sentence grammatically correct.
1. A tuberculin skin test should be read within 24 hrs. ... [Show More] administration A. Of
2. 2. The student for the final exam.
A. Didn’t studied B. Was studying
C. Studied hardly
D. Would have study
3. My mother and went shopping for clothes yesterday.
C. Myself D. I
4. She went to the party her dislike for the host.
B. Even though
C. Despite of D. In spite of
5. The accident if the motorist had obeyed the speed limit sign. A. Never would have happened
B. Never would happen
C. Never happened
D. Would happen never
6. She was so mad at her boyfriend, she on him when he called.
A. Terminated Hung
C. Hang up
7. are very ancient people.
A. The chineses
B. Chineses C. The Chinese
8. It they that the weather was going to be so bad, they wouldn’t have gone to the beach.
A. Had known
B. Were Knowing
9. John Kennedy was a senator before he President in 1960.
A. Was electing
C. Had elected D. Was elected
10. It is required that he the payment immediately. A. Send
11. He tried to remember the names of all the people were there that night.
A. Whom B. That
12. A synonym is a word a meaning similar to another word.
A. Who have
B. That have
C. Who is having D. Having
13. After having robbed the bank, .
A. The back president offered a reward for the thief
B. The thief’s wife became very nervous
C. The police searched for the thief from many weeks. D. The thief hid at the house of a friend.
Select the word or phrase in the sentence that is not used correctly.
1) After the policeman had ran for several miles, he finally caught up with the man who had stolen the purse.
A. Had ran
B. Several miles
D. Up with
2) The man’s heart attack scared him badly and he decided having a regular check-up from then on.
3) Based on the principals of asepsis, the nurse should consider a sterile packet below waist level to be contaminated.
A. To be
4. I will call you when I will get back from visiting my sister.
D. Will get
5. Her mother asked her what she would do after she graduated from college.
B. Her C. Would
6. When you add sugar to it, your cup of coffee becomes not only sweet, also fattening A. Also
D Cup of
7. The sales man recommended that he keeps his receipt for at least a month.
B. For C. Keeps
D. At least
8) It seem like the sun never shines on Saturday.
9) Of the many people what she interviewed; she chose the one with most experience.
d) Of the
10) Long before his death, Pablo Picasso had became one of the most important artists in history.
b) Long before
c) Had became
d) The most
11) The physician started to perform the operation, but the patient was not yet completely under anesthesia.
a) Started to
c) Was not
d) Completely under
12) Before his death at age 82, comedian Rodney Dangerfield’s motto was, “I don’t get no respect.”
13) The mailperson’s job is to put the envelope’s in every mailbox on the block.
14) The charge nurse overheard the nursing assistant discussing the private details of a client medical condition with personnel friend in the hospital cafeteria.
15) The car that he had seen at the Ford dealer was the one that he final decided to buy.
b) Had seen
c) To buy
16) He had already finished studying at an university when he was called to join the army.
a) Was called
c) Had already
17) The nurse asked the patient to choose ate items from the menu that are his favorites.
a) Ate items
b) To choose
c) His favorites
d) That are
18) He ate for pieces of fried chicken at dinner, and no vegetables.
19) The most important things in my life are making money, traveling abroad, and to live well.
b) To live
c) The most
20) It’s true that children depend in their parents for food, clothing and shelter.
d) That [Show Less]