1. WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT?
a) Who’s coming to the party?
b) Whose to blame for the economy?
c) Who’s hat is this?
d)... [Show More] Whose going to vote?
2. WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT?
a) I went two the store.
b) I want ice cream, too.
c) The nurse gave him too shorts. d) I want to know your name.
3. WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT? a) He did well on his diet.
b) He done well on his diet.
c) He did good on his diet
d) He done good on his diet
4. WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT?
a) Several lost his or her keys on the train.
b) Does everyone have their train tickets ready?
c) Is everyone ready for their ice-cream sundaes? d) Somebody left his or her jacket on the train.
5. WHICH SENTENCE SHOULD REPLACE THE FOLLOWING INCORRECT SENTENCE? “This door to remain unlocked when occupied.”
a) This door will remain unlocked when the office is occupied.
b) This door to remain unclosed while open.
c) This sentence is correct as written.
d) This office must have the door unlocked at all times.
6. WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT? a) Sarah plays her new saxophone well.
b) The dog catches the freebee good.
c) The band did good during the half time show.
d) The band that played before ours was well.
7. WHICH USE OF APOSTROPHE IS CORRECT IN THE SENTENCE?
Because of staff change’s, the list of birthday’s was distributed to all worker’s in the business’ three offices.
8. WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT?
a) The patient told the nurse, “put the flowers on that table over their.” b) The students looked at their test scores.
c) Their comes a time when one choose between right and wrong.
d) Their waiting for you.
9. ARRANGE ALPHABETICALLY: VERBAL, VOLUME, VOID, VITAL.
a) Vital, verbal, void, volume b) Verbal, vital, void, volume
c) Verbal, volume, void, vital
d) Vital, verbal, volume, void
10. IDENTIFY THE INCOMPLETE SENTENCE.
a) While they were sleeping.
b) Everything worked out all right.
c) He wept.
d) Babies are sure cute and cuddly.
SELECT THE WORD OR PHRASE THAT MAKES THE SENTENCE GRAMMATICALLY
CORRECT, QUESTION 11-15.
11. She was so mad at her boyfriend, she on him when he called.
a) Yelled b) Screamed c) Speak d) Hung up
12. The GIRL quickly ran through the dark woods to get back to the house.
13. It was a beautiful performance. We all watched her from a balcony in the theater as she danced gracefully across the stage.
a) Massive b) Stunningly c) Lonely d) Misery
14. A tuberculin skin test should be read within 24 hours administration.
a) In b) Of c) Has d) On
15. John F. Kennedy was a senator before he president in 1960.
a) Elected b) Was electing c) Was elected d) Had elected
16. IDENTIFY THE DEPENDENT CLAUSE IN THIS SENTENCE: The mother dog left her bed as soon as the puppies were asleep.
a) As soon as the puppies were asleep
b) Left her bed as soon as
c) The puppies were asleep
d) The mother dog left her bed
17. SELECT THE SENTENCE IN WHICH SNAKE IS USED AS A VERB. Correct a
a) The cobra is venomous snake.
b) The plumber used his snake to open up the clogged pipe
c) You are being a snake when you steal from me.
d) The spy had to snake his way furtively (secretly) onto the train.
18. In which sentence is the form fast used as an adverb?
a) The clock on the wall is ten minutes fast. b) The cars on the overpass moved fast
c) The fast cars drove over the bridge.
d) The batter could not hit the fast pitch.
19. Which phrase should be moved to the end of the sentence? The painter decided to use the urn as his subject with flowers on the table.
a) As his subject b) With flowers c) The painter d) The urn
20. Make this a complete sentence: as she watched me from the kitchen window. Correct Answer: I ran around outside as fast as I could
SELECT THE CORRECT WORD(S) FOR THE BLANK IN THE FOLLOWING SENTENCE
21. Susan gave ice cream to John and .
a) Us b) Me c) We d) I
22. My mom and went to the store.
a) Me b) I c) Us d) We
23. I am looking forward to my birthday party at work.
a) Has b) Have c) Had d) Having
24. The dress you wore at my birthday party is my favorite. a) That b) Their c) When d) Which
25. You on your final exam.
a) Worked b) Forget c) Did well d) Done good
26. A synonym is a word a meaning similar to another word. a) Having b) That have c) Who have d) Who is having
27. In preparation for your birthday dinner, I will help the dinnerware on the table.
a) Sit b) Set c) Sat d) Seat
28. Two students (are) their professor about possibility of obtaining good grade in class.
a) Ask/Are b) Is c) Was d) Could
29. To be admitted to the university, he to make application by May 15. a) Has b) Have c) Might d) Should
30. you taking a cruise to commemorate your wedding anniversary? a) Are b) Is c) Was d) Could
31. are the very ancient people.
a) The Chinese b) Chinese c) The Chineses d) Chineses
32. The nursing put the band on the wound to the nurse.
a) Aide, aide, aid b) Aide, aid, aid
c) Aide, aide, aide
d) Aid, aid, aide
33. Do you know
a) What time is it? b) What time it is?
c) What is time?
d) It is what time?
34. The accident if the motorist had obeyed the speed limit sign.
a) Never happened
b) Would happen never
c) Never would happen
d) Never would have happened
35. After having robbed the bank, . a) The thief hid at the house of a friend
b) The police searched for the thief for many weeks
c) The bank president offered a reward for the thief.
d) The thief’s wife became very nervous.
36. She went to the party her dislike for the host. a) In spite of b) Despite of c) Although d) Even though
37. He tried to remember the names of all the people were there that night.
a) Which b) That c) Who d) Those
38. As we celebrated the start of the evening festivities, our glasses and a toast was made by our host.
a) Were risen b) Were rose c) Were raised d) Arose
39. Since the factory was destroyed the company has business to do. a) No b) Not c) None d) Neither
40. He doesn’t care for a rap music and .
a) Neither me b) Neither I do c) Neither do I d) Don’t neither
41. The nurse asked the patient to choose items from the menu. a) Eight b) Ate c) For d) Fore
42. She told her friend that her favorite colors red and blue.
a) Is b) Are c) Could be d) Seem to be
43. If the nurse the patient was going to threw up. She would have brought a basin.
a) Had knew b) Had known c) Wanted to know d) Could be known
44. If I you, I would leave now.
a) Was b) Were c) Where d) Which
45. The baby because she was hungry
a) Cries b) Cry c) Cried d) Crying
46. The national anthem at the super bowl by Whitney Houston. a) Was sung b) Was singing c) Had Sung d) Sung
47. It is important that John his resume immediately. (It is required that he SEND the payment immediately).
a) Send b) Sends c) Sent d) Sended
48. The blue whale is the largest animal the world. a) In b) On c) Of d) At
49. Economics my least favorite subject at school.
a) Am b) Is c) Are d) Been
50. When a person finds in a stressful situation, it helps to breathe deeply. ************
a) Oneself b) yourself c) Themselves d) Itself
51. Children generally with others of the same size and age. a) Play b) Plays c) Played d) Playing
52. Scissors should never be by the handle.
a) Carry b) Carries c) Carried d) Carrying
53. The child cried, “I want to do it .
a) Mine b) Me c) Myself d) Me self
54. The nurse did not think that the symptoms an emergency room visit.
a) Desired b) Warranted c) Guaranteed d) Should have been
55. During the storm, the glass in three of the windows was broken.
a) Broken b) Breaks c) Was broken d) Were broken
56. He football game.
a) Never almost attends b) Almost never attends
c) Almost attends never
d) Attends almost never
57. I am looking forward to on a vacation next month.
a) Go b) Going c) Be go d) Going to go
58. If they that the weather was going to be so bad, they wouldn’t have gone to the beach.
a) Know b) Knew c) Had known d) Were knowing
59. Finishing quickly is not as important as all the question correctly.
a) Answer b) Answering c) Answered d) Answers
60. SELECT THE SENTENCE THAT USES “THEY’RE” CORRECTLY
a) The teacher told the student, put the box they’re.
b) The students looked at they’re test scores.
c) They’re more likely to do well if they study.
d) Most student finished they’re homework early.
61. WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT.
a) The nurse asked the patient to lay down on the gurney. b) The nurse asked the patient to lie down on the gurney.
c) The nurse asked the patient to ley down on the gurney.
d) The nurse asked the patient to lei down on the gurney.
62. WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT? a) Which one do you want?
b) Pick the won you want?
c) Whose one do you want?
d) Who’s do you want?
63. WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT?
a) The winner was me. b) It was I who won.
c) The runner was her.
d) It was me who lost.
64. WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT? ********
a) He did bad on the test.
b) He felt bad about the broken window
c) He felt badly about being late.
d) When the patient feels badly, give him an aspirin.
SELECT THE WORD OR PHRASE IN THE SENTENCE THAT IS NOT USED
CORRECTLY, question 65 - 79.
65. Before his death at age 82, comedian Rodney Dangerfield’s motto was, “I don’t get no respect.”
a) At b) No c) Before d) Was
66. Because I want to go to the movies later, I am going to due my homework now.
a) Because b) To go c) Due d) Am going to
67. Based on the principals of asepsis, the nurse should consider a sterile packet below waist level to be contaminated.
a) Principals b) Asepsis c) Nurse d) Sterile
68. He ate for pieces of fried chicken at dinner, and no vegetables.
a) No b) For c) At d) Ate
69. It was after soon he arrived in the U.S.A that he met the woman who was to become his wife.
a) Was b) After soon c) Become d) Arrived
70. A sentence must always begin with a Capital letter but many people forget this simple rule. ********
a) Must b) Always c) Capital d) Forget
71. Of the many people what she interviewed; she chose the one with the most experience.
a) Of the b) What c) With d) Most experience
72. Her mother asked her what would she do after she graduated from college.******** a) Would b) After c) Do d) Graduated
73. The student for the final exam.
a) Was studying b) Didn’t studied c) Studied hardly d) Would have studies
74. The mailperson’s job is to put the envelope’s in every mailbox on the block.
a) Envelope’s b) Mailperson’s c) Block d) Every
75. The physician started to preform the operation, but the patient was not yet completely under anesthesia.
a) Preform b) Patient c) Completely under d) Not yet
76. The nurse’s notes in the medical record indicate the patients pain was severe.
a) Notes b) Was c) Patients d) Nurse’s
77. The charge nurse overheard the nursing assistant discussing the private details of a client’s medical condition with a personnel friend in the hospital cafeteria.
a) Client’s b) Overheard c) Details d) Personnel
78. The nurse asked the patient to choose ate items from the menu that are his favorite. a) Ate items b) Patient c) His Favorite d) Asked
79. The patient was to cold, so he asked the nurse for another blanket.
a) Was b) To c) Asked for d) Another
WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT, QUESTION 80-98?
80. The car that she had seen at the Ford dealer was the one that she final decided to buy.
a) Was b) Had seen c) Final d) To buy
81. When you add sugar to it, your cup of coffee becomes not only sweet also fattening.*****
a) To b) Cup of c) Becomes d) Also
82. The team want to go to the game early for tryouts. a) Want b) To go c) For d) Early
83. After the policeman had ran for several miles, he finally caught up with the man who had stolen the purse.
a) Had ran b) Finally c) Up with c) Several
84. The patient’s voice was a little horse and he complained of a sore throat, so the doctor prescribed a throat lozenge.
a) Sore b) Horse c) Prescribed d) Lozenge
85. During the blackout, one of the patients were frightened and screamed loudly.
a) During b) One c) Were d) Loudly
86. During the time he lived in New York, he worked as a writer, editor, and a library.
a) As b) An c) During d) Library
87. San Francisco is one of the many cities in the world which have recently been hit by earthquakes.
a) In b) Have c) Been hit d) Many cities
88. The sales man recommended that he keeps his receipt for at least a month.
a) That b) Keeps c) For d) At least
89. The radio broadcast has heard by almost everyone in the country. a) Has heard b) Almost everyone c) In d) The country
90. I will call you when I will get back from visiting my sister.
a) When b) Will get c) Visiting d) My
91. It’s true that children depend in their parents for food, clothing and shelter.
a) It’s b) That c) In d) Clothing
92. The teachers let the students to know that they would have an hour to complete the test.
a) Let b) To know c) Would have d) The test
93. He had already finished studying at an University when he was called to join the army. a) An b) Had c) Studying d) Already
94. Long before his death, Pablo Picasso had become one of the most important artists in history. ***********
a) Long before b) had become c) the most d) Important
95. The man’s heart attack scared him badly and he decided having a regular check-up from then on.
a) Man’s b) Badly c) From d) Having
96. In the accident that destroyed his car, he had ten of his tooths mocked out.
a) That destroyed b) Tooths c) Mocked out d) Ten of
97. The most important things in my life are making money, traveling abroad, and to live well.
a) In b) Are c) The most d) To live
98. There are three things to remember for the test: Vocabulary, Grammar, and Spelling.*****
a) There b) For c) Are d) And
99. WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY CORRECT?
a) Gosh, I be ordering a V-8!
b) Gosh, I coulda had a V-8!
c) Gosh, I could have had a V-8!
d) Gosh, I should ordered a V-8!
100. WHICH WORD IS USED INCORRECTLY? It seem like the sun never shines on Saturday.
101. WHICH WORD IS USED INCORRECTLY? The procedure for giving injections were explained thoroughly to the student nurses.
a) Thoroughly b) Were c) Procedure d) Student
WHICH SENTENCE IS GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT?
102. As I was passing my friend’s house last night, I was seeing that she had a new car packed in her drive way.
a) As I b) Was seeing c) Friend’s d) A new car
103. You should try on many another pair of shoes before you decide which ones you want to buy.
a) On b) Another c) Decide d) To buy
104. Napoleon Bonaparte was some of the most famous generals in European history. a) Some b) The most famous c) In d) European
105. He will go to home when his math class finishes. a) To home b) His c) Math class d) Finishes
106. Use etc. correctly in a sentence - the list included diseases such as measles, flu, chicken pox, etc.
107. Correct word is A lot of people enjoy baseball movies. The word allot or alot is not correct. Also, know the different between fair vs fare
108. To whom or for whom is correct. Don’t use to who or for who.
109. I can’t believe I ate the whole thing.
110. The police tried to get him to admit, but he refused to say a word until his lawyer arrived.
111. Their/there is only one house on the block with a unite picket fence in the front yard.
112. Their choice was to go to the movie.
114. She went to the room at the appointed time.
115. It will take a lot more than that to make me run that far.
116. The patient complained of feeling light headaches and weak.
117. The books on the shelf are arranged by author’s name in alphabetical order.
118. SELECT THE WORD OR PHRASE IN THE SENTENCE THAT IS NOT USED CORRECTLY. He tried to walks the entire length of the hall by himself but had to call for assistance half way down
119. To replace “my mother’s gift” into a pronoun. Her
120. .... legal as an adjective He is a legal resident of the united states. [Show Less]