1) What required source has priority for services? - ANSWER Services which are on the Procurement List maintained by the Committee for Purchase From People... [Show More] Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled.
2) The contracting officer can terminate a commercial purchase order for cause - ANSWER All choices are correct.
3) When no other exceptions apply, is a Government Point of Entry (GPE) synopsis required for purchases estimated to exceed $25,000 but not to exceed the simplified acquisition threshold? - ANSWER Yes
4) Which type of item is LEAST preferred for satisfying Government requirements? - ANSWER Developmental item
5) Acquisitions for supplies and services exceeding $3,500, but not exceeding $150,000, are automatically reserved exclusively for small business concerns unless the contracting officer - ANSWER Determines that they will be unable to obtain two or more offers from small businesses that are competitive in terms of market price, quality, and delivery
6) You have a request to buy 30 units of commercially available machining equipment. Each unit will cost approximately $300,000 - ANSWER SAP cannot be used.
7) Which method of purchase is most appropriate for requirements exceeding the micro-purchase threshold? - ANSWER Electronic Commerce
8) The Director of Training for the installation has a request to purchase 25 televisions and 25 DVD recorders for the new training facility that will open next month. Each television will cost approximately $525, and each DVD recorder about $300. - ANSWER SAP can be used.
9) There is a requirement to purchase recreational equipment for base playgrounds. Market research has determined that there is a large variety of play equipment available to the general public from many manufacturers. This type of item is a: - ANSWER Commercial item
10) What is the public announcement requirement for micro-purchases? - ANSWER No formal announcement is required.
11) Which of the following are acceptable techniques for conducting market research? - ANSWER All techniques listed are acceptable.
12) You have been requested to procure custodial services for your installation. Your market research has indicated that: - A Nonprofit Agency Employing People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled can provide the custodial services for $95,000. - Federal Prison Industries can provide the custodial services for $93,000. - R-Clean can provide the custodial services for $92,500 and has outstanding past performance. - Rub-A-Scrub can provide the custodial services for $91,500 and has satisfactory past performance. Who must receive the award? - ANSWER Nonprofit Agency Employing People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled
13) You have a requirement to buy janitorial services for your facility. There has been a history of performance and customer service problems with the present and past contractors. Your evaluation criteria for the follow-on solicitation should contain a factor for: - ANSWER Past performance
14) A non-developmental item is: - ANSWER Any previously developed item used exclusively for governmental purposes.
15) Fulfilling repetitive needs for supplies may best be satisfied by: - ANSWER Establishing blanket purchase agreements
16) The status information contained in the System for Award Management (SAM) and additional vendor files maintained by the contracting office, if any, may be used as the basis to ensure that small business concerns are provided the maximum practicable opportunities to respond to solicitations issued using simplified acquisition procedures. - ANSWER True
17) Implied warranty of fitness for a particular purpose means that an item is: - ANSWER Fit for use for the particular purpose for which the Government will use the item.
18) Market research shall be conducted: - ANSWER Before soliciting offers for acquisitions with an estimated value less than the simplified acquisition threshold when adequate information is not available and the circumstances justify its cost.
19) A contract option may be exercised: - ANSWER Only if the contractor agrees.
20) When making a commercial purchase, you may conduct an in-process inspection: - ANSWER Only if consistent with customary commercial practice.
21) When should electronic commerce be used as a method of solicitation? - ANSWER Whenever cost-effective and practicable.
22) You have a requirement to buy a large commercially available, prefabricated wash rack for the installation. The catalog price is $102,000. - ANSWER Simplified acquisition procedures can be used.
23) An offeror's experience as an evaluation factor consists primarily of: - ANSWER Their history of completing similar contracts and quality of their performance.
24) Your base commander wants 25 employees in the personnel department to attend a 1-day time-management seminar. The cost per employee will be $75 each. What is the preferred method of purchase? - ANSWER The Governmentwide commercial purchase card
25) You have a requirement to buy 10 commercially available Doppler weather systems for 10 aircraft. The total estimated cost is $135,000. What is the preferred method of purchase? - ANSWER Purchase order
26) The use of required sources of supplies or services takes precedence over the use of simplified acquisition procedures. - ANSWER True
27) The public works department at your Federal facility needs to buy repair parts for a water fountain in the building. The parts will cost about $100 and can be bought at Nuts-n-Bolts Hardware. Which method of purchase is preferred? - ANSWER The Governmentwide commercial purchase card
28) By soliciting two sources under SAP, you have satisfied the requirement to obtain competition to the maximum extent practicable. - ANSWER False
29) Evaluation factors such as price and past performance are: - ANSWER Used to evaluate responses to a solicitation.
30) An oral solicitation may be used for: - ANSWER Construction less than $2,000.
You should use SAP when: - ANSWER The estimated value of the requirement is equal to or less than the SAT.
2) You have a requirement to purchase military transport vehicles that can travel over rough terrain. Market research has shown that there are no commercially developed or Government developed items that satisfy the terrain requirements. This type of item is a: [Determine if a requirement can be satisfied by purchasing a commercial or non-developmental item. (Noncommercial Items)] - ANSWER Developmental item
Market research is performed: - ANSWER To determine if commercial or non-developmental items will satisfy the need
What should be the last source to consider when trying to fulfill a requirement? - ANSWER Commercial sources
You have been requested to buy 100 hospital beds for a humanitarian effort in Pedonia. The beds need to be delivered within the next 30 days so they can be airlifted to Pedonia via military transport. Your research has indicated that: - NIB/NISH does not supply beds. - Federal Prison Industries can deliver the beds in 45 days. The price per bed is $250. - A-Med, Inc. can deliver the beds in 15 days at a price of $225 per bed. - The Army hospital on post, which has been closed, will have 150 suitable excess beds in 21 days. Based upon this information, you should: - ANSWER Obtain the beds from the Army hospital inventory.
Requirements that cannot be met by a required source of supplies or services and are expected to ___________ are automatically reserved exclusively for small businesses. - ANSWER Exceed $3,500, but not exceed $150,000
You have a one-time requirement for construction of a sidewalk between two buildings. The estimated cost is $10,000. What is the preferred method of purchase? - ANSWER Purchase order
In order to use simplified acquisition procedures (SAP), the aggregate value of the acquisition and all its options: - ANSWER CANNOT exceed the simplified acquisition threshold, except for certain commercial items. [Show Less]