CLG 001 DoD Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card Overview Exam Complete Solution
1. The Government Commercial Purchase Card _________ used as the metho... [Show More] d of payment for commercial training request using the SF-182, valued at or below $25,000, in lieu of an employee reimbursement by miscellaneous payment.
• Must not be
• Must be
• Is occasionally
• None of these
2. Who is the individual for ensuring the existence, accuracy, and legality of information on an Managing Account Billing Statement.
• Certifying Officer
• Agency/Organization Program Coordinator
• Resource Manager
• Approving/Billing Official
3. You use your Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card to purchase a case of envelopes from a merchant. When you get back to the office, you realize that the envelope size will not meet the requirement, so you return the item to the merchant. Which of the following are you authorized to accept?
• Credit to your Cardholder account
• In-store credit
• Gift cards
4. Suspected ethics violations should be reported to:
• The Supervisor
• No one, since there is no requirement to report ethics violations
• The card-issuing bank
• The violating individual
5. A best practice calls for the Cardholder to reconcile transactions in the Statement of Account within how many days of the billing cycle end date?
6. What is the artificial intelligence Data Mining platform that automatically analyzes DoD's Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card data to identify high-risk transactions?
• Insight on Demand (IOD)
• Procurement Business Intelligence Service (PBIS)
• Joint Appointment Module (JAM)
• Access Online
7. The Secretary of Defense authorizes an increase in the micro-purchase threshold to $20,000 to support declared contingency operations in Afghanistan. Several personnel in your office have been needing new laptops, so this is a good time to take advantage of the increase and purchase 20 laptops at $500 each for a total price of $10,000.
8. Which of the Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card Program’s mandatory oversight procedures is a consolidation of the previous Monthly Agency/Organization Program Coordinator (A/OPC) Reviews?
• Program Management Reviews
• Internal Controls Reviews
• Semi-Annual Head of Activity (HA) Reviews
• Quarterly Data Mining Case Validation Reviews
9. In the event that a Cardholder reports a misplaced, lost, or stolen card or check, which three of the following are true?
• The Cardholder temporarily loses card privileges
• The bank must close the account
• A new card or checks are issued
• The Government is not relieved of its obligation to pay for all valid transactions made prior to reporting the loss
10. How many Cardholder accounts may be rolled up under a Managing Account (MA)?
11. According to 10 United States Code 2784, which two of the following could result from Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card Program violations?
• Recovery of cost from Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card official
• Adverse personal actions
• Destruction of the card
• Increased data surveillance
12. Frustrated freight may never reach the intended recipient.
13. Which three of the following are Cardholder consideration before purchase?
• Obtain approval from the Agency/Organization program Coordinator
• Ensure adequate and appropriate funds are available
• Check for availability from required sources
• Determine if any special requirements or approvals are required.
14. Component procedures may authorize DoD GPC Ordering Officers to make purchases up to the
Simplified Acquisition Threshold in which three of the following cases:
• Above or below the micro-purchase threshold against contract vehicles issued for the Component by a Contracting Officer that contain a provision authorizing order and payment by the GPC
• At or below the micro-purchase threshold against Federal Supply Schedule contracts, FedMall, or other ordering systems that are authorized in Component procedures.
• At or below the micro-purchase threshold from any vendor
• Using Simplified Acquisition Procedures above or below the micro-purchase threshold against Federal Supply Contract vehicles.
15. What are three advantages of using the Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card?
• Gives DoD access to information about what its Components buy
• Enables the Government to earn refunds
• Empowers a single individual to handle all aspects of the purchasing process
• Reduces DoD invoicing costs
16. At 90 days past due, what happens to all Cardholders accounts associated with a Managing Account?
• Sent to collections
• Flagged for investigation
• Automatically closed
• Automatically suspended
17. An unauthorized commitment is an agreement that is not binding solely because the agreement involved a purchase amount above the micro-purchase threshold.
18. Cardholders who have been formally granted the appropriate authority in their Letter of Delegation may use the GPC to make simplified acquisitions up to $25,000 outside of the United States and its jurisdiction.
19. Which three of the following statements about convenience checks are true?
• Convenience checks must be secured in a locked container
• The Cardholder can request that the bank “stop payment” on a check
• Funds available to cover both the value and the bank’s processing fee
• The Cardholder can dispute the convenience check after payment has been made
20. How long does Foreign Military Sales documentation have to be retained following case closure?
• 10 years
• 8 years
• 6 years and 3 months
• 6 years
21. Wat are three examples of abuse of the Government Commercial Purchase Card?
• Violating a specific-use policy
• Failing to purchase from mandatory sources
• Exceeding the applicable micro-purchase threshold
• Splitting requirements to avoid card threshold
22. Authorized uses of the Government Commercial Purchase Card include (select three):
• Existing Government contracts
• Open-Market purchases below $50,000
• Ordering Officer Purchases and Payments
• Commercial training requirements using the SF-182
23. Which three items describes external fraud?
• Is a felonious act of corruption or attempt to cheat the Government
• Includes billing for items not ordered
• Is considered a violation
• Is committed by someone other than charge card program official [Show Less]