CLC 005 Simplified Acquisition Procedures Exam Complete Solution
1) You receive a purchase request for janitorial services at an annex to your installat... [Show More] ion. The contract value with option years is expected to be $300,000. Which of the following statements is most accurate regarding the upcoming Request for Quotation? [Determine the proper procedures for the preparation and issuance of a written RFQ.]
You must synopsize the requirement because it is over $25,000.
You can limit the competition to companies that have over 200 employees.
You should issue your Request for Quotation using a Standard Form 18, as this requirement is for a non-commercial service.
You do not have to incorporate clauses because you will be using Simplified Acquisition Procedures.
2) You have just made an award based on your Request for Quote for trash removal services. The contract was awarded to Atlantic Waste Removal in the amount of $30,500. Do you have to notify unsuccessful offerors when using Simplified Acquisition Procedures (SAP), and why or why not? [Select the steps necessary to correctly issue a purchase order and when to notify unsuccessful quoters.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
Yes, but only if an offeror(s) requests it.
Yes. All unsuccessful offerors must be notified when using SAP.
No. Only unsuccessful offerors of supplies must be notified under SAP.
No. Under SAP you are never required to notify any unsuccessful offeror.
3) You receive a routine purchase request for recycling and disposal services for used fluorescent bulbs and electromagnetic ballasts. Estimated value of the work is $150,000. What is the primary consideration when deciding whether to utilize a purchase order versus another contract instrument for the requirement? [Determine the conditions necessary for utilizing a purchase order.]
The dollar value of the requirement.
Your experience as a contracting professional.
How many times in the past the work has been performed.
Your business relationship with the requesting activity.
4) You receive a routine purchase request to purchase telecommunications equipment for your base's Communications Squadron. The equipment is estimated to cost $50,000. Your contracting office has a Blanket Purchase Agreement (BPA) for the equipment, with a local vendor who can provide the equipment immediately. How do you propose to complete this action? [Determine the conditions required to place "calls" against an established Blanket Purchase Agreement.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
As there is only one BPA, locate additional vendors and send out a Request for Quotation and see if additional BPAs could be established.
Since you already have a BPA, issue the call directly to that vendor because the work has essentially been done for you.
As you have a good source, send out a "sole source" Request for Quotation to that source because they can ship the equipment immediately.
Inform the requestor from the Communications Squadron that he/she is authorized to purchase the equipment with their organizational Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card.
5) Five individuals in your organization will be attending a local two-day computer skills training class. The cost of the training class is $200 per person per day. How would you complete this acquisition? [Determine when to use the Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card.]
Use the Governmentwide Commercial Purchase Card as the method of purchase and payment.
Return the requirement and tell them to use their government travel cards.
Issue a Request for Bids to maximize competition among training offerors.
Return the requirement and tell them to use their personal credit cards.
6) You receive a purchase request for repair of assorted audio/visual equipment for your installation's Education Center. Is this requirement a good candidate for an unpriced purchase order? Why or why not? [Determine when to use unpriced purchase orders.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
Yes. The repairs are for equipment and the exact extent of the work is unknown at this time.
No. The requirement is for equipment repair and the cost can be readily determined beforehand.
No. The repairs are for equipment and the exact extent of the work is unknown at this time.
Yes. The repairs are for equipment and the exact nature of the work can be reasonably estimated beforehand.
7) You are the contracting representative for an Army Reserve unit on training maneuvers in the Nevada desert, and will be making local purchases of supplies and services necessary for completion of the training mission. Which of the following is most accurate regarding potential use of the Standard Form (SF) 44 in this situation? [Select the appropriate conditions required for using the Imprest Fund, SF 44, or Third Party Checks.]
Its use must be determined more efficient and economical than other contracting instruments.
The unit can accept partial deliveries of supplies purchased with the SF 44.
Any supplies purchased with the SF 44 must be shipped directly to the unit.
As this is a training mission, purchases to support it can exceed $2,500 without higher-level approval.
8) You receive a purchase request for modification of re-fueling equipment at your air base. The amount of the proposed acquisition is under $79,000. Based upon this scenario, which of the following is most relevant to consider when determining whether you can make an oral solicitation? [Determine the proper procedures for conducting an oral solicitation.]
The need to synopsize the requirement.
The number of vendors within local trading area.
The number of times the requirement has been fulfilled in the past.
The number of potential sources provided to you by the requiring activity.
9) You issued a Request for Quotation (RFQ) for tree removal services after a storm. Due to more urgent requirements, the issuance of the Purchase Order for the work will not be made until after expiration of the offer acceptance period. What should you do? [Determine the procedures for handling quotes.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
Request the vendor(s) to extend their acceptance period.
Issue a new RFQ.
Request a written extension from the lowest-priced vendor(s) whose acceptance period has not expired.
No action is required under Simplified Acquisition Procedures.
10) A Request for Quotation using the Standard Form 1449 was issued for commercial conference facilities and services required for the upcoming fiscal year. Upon review of a quote from Highrise Henry Inc., you notice that the vendor has proposed alternative terms and conditions. You should: [Evaluate quotes and decide when negotiations are required prior to selecting the awardee.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
Consider the vendor's alternative terms and conditions and conduct negotiations, if needed.
Allow the vendor to amend their quote only if it was the only offer received.
Re-issue the solicitation using the Standard Form 18.
Reject the offer as nonconforming to the RFQ and either consider any other quotes received, or re-solicit the requirement.
11) The quotes have been reviewed by technical personnel in the requesting organization, and a quoter has been recommended to the Contracting Officer for the award. Prior to issuing a Purchase Order to the vendor, which of the following considerations is most important for the Contracting Officer? [Select the appropriate contractor for award.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
The recommended contractor is determined to be responsible.
The resident Department of Labor representative agrees on the award decision.
Any subcontractor personnel offered by the recommended contractor are local area workers.
The recommended contractor has a history of previous Government contracts.
1) Select the steps necessary to correctly issue a purchase order and notify unsuccessful quoters. [Select the steps necessary to correctly issue a purchase order and when to notify unsuccessful quoters.]
Sign the Purchase Order and then send it to the vendor for signature.
Request the Defense Contract Audit Agency to review the vendor's quote to ensure that cost principles have been adhered to.
Discuss with the subcontractors their capabilities to perform the work.
Send the Purchase Order to vendor, requesting their signature and have them return it for the Contracting Officer's signature
2) You receive a requirement for 10,000 modified combat boots (steel safety toes and armored soles) at approximately $200 each. Your contracting office has a blanket purchase agreement (BPA) with Leather Shoes, Inc. for these non-commercial items. You are an authorized caller under the BPA. What is the maximum value of the call you can place for these non-commercial items? [Determine the conditions required to place "calls" against an established Blanket Purchase Agreement.]
3) You receive a purchase request for a maintenance agreement for vehicles in your Post's transportation unit. The requiring activity tells you that due to warranty considerations, the vehicles must be repaired by a specific company--the only authorized source for maintenance. Is this requirement suitable for an unpriced purchase order? Why or why not? [Determine when to use unpriced purchase orders.]
Yes. The requirement is for services and materials available from only one source, and the cost cannot be readily established beforehand.
No. The requirement involves services and materials for which exact prices cannot be readily established beforehand.
Yes. The requirement is relatively straightforward and the final costs can be easily estimated beforehand.
No. The requirement is for commercial items that are not suitable for unpriced purchase orders unless extreme urgency exists.
4) You have issued a Request for Quotation (RFQ) on a requirement for new refrigerators for 50 housing units being renovated on your installation. The RFQ was posted electronically and authorized submission of quotes via fax machine. If a faxed quote is received that is unreadable, what should you do? [Determine the procedures for handling quotes.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
Immediately notify the offeror and permit him/her to resubmit the unreadable portion of the offer.
Let the offeror resubmit the quote, as long as it is received by the closing time and date specified on the solicitation.
Do nothing if you have sufficient competition among the other offerors.
Issue an amendment to extend the closing date in order to allow the offeror sufficient time to mail in a revised quote.
5) You receive three quotes in response to your Request for Quotation (RFQ) for the purchase of calibration equipment for your installation's transportation unit. Two of the quotes meet the requirements of the RFQ but the third one, from True Tune Inc., does not. It changed the delivery date to 10 days later than what was specified in the RFQ. The price quoted by True Tune falls in the middle of the three quotes. The action you should take is: [Evaluate quotes and decide when negotiations are required prior to selecting the awardee.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
Award to the low price quote that meets the requirements of the RFQ.
Negotiate with True Tune to get the delivery date changed.
Ask your customer if a change in the delivery date would have a negative impact on mission accomplishment.
Ask your customer if the later date is acceptable. If it is, go out to the other vendors with an amended RFQ with the date changed.
6) Select the appropriate contractor for award. The Contracting Officer is reviewing the technical recommendation for awarding to ABC Inc., and notes that ABC Inc. does not have a relevant past performance history. The two other quoters have a history: Both show negative past performance ratings. ABC Inc. should receive a past performance rating of: [Select the appropriate contractor for award.] [Remediation Accessed :N]
N/A. ABC Inc. is ineligible for the award in this case.
1) Quotes have been received from five vendors in response to your Request for Quotation. They are: VENDOR A - $62,000; VENDOR B - $61,000; VENDOR C - $60,000; VENDOR D - $55,500; VENDOR E - $37,500. What should be your next step? [Determine the procedures for handling quotes.]
Ask Vendor E to verify his/her price.
Award to Vendor E as the low price offeror.
Eliminate Vendor E because their price is unrealistic.
Award to Vendor D as the offeror with the lowest reasonable price.
2) You issued a Request for Quotation (RFQ) for warehouse sorting equipment for the Logistics Squadron at your base. In the RFQ, you stated that this would be a best value award, considering warranty and maintenance factors. You received three quotes: Vendor A came in at a lower price than the other two. The offer from Vendor B was the middle-priced quote, and Vendor C was the highest priced offeror. Which one of the following statements is true for this scenario? [Evaluate quotes and decide when negotiations are required prior to selecting the awardee.]
None of the other three choices is accurate.
You cannot accept Vendor C's offer, as it was the highest of the three.
If Vendor B offered the most favorable warranty and maintenance terms, it must be selected for the award.
You must select Vendor A because it is the low priced offeror.
3) Five quotes have been received in response to the Government's Request for Quotation (RFQ) for 30 new office desks and chairs. Select from among the following choices the Contracting Officer's primary concern when evaluating the quotes. [Select the appropriate contractor for award.]
Evaluate the quotes based on the criteria in the RFQ.
Evaluate the quotes based on the most recent information received from the requesting organization.
Evaluate the quotes based on the past history of requirements for the office items.
Evaluate the offers by using a formal data base of past performance.
________________________________________ [Show Less]