Enables an access key ID and secret access key for the AWS API, CLI, SDK, and other development tools.
AWS Management Console A... [Show More] ccess
Enables a password that allows the users to sign-in to the AWS Management Console.
a set of rules that define the type of password an IAM user can set.
How do you define a policy?
Using JSON and inside (IAM) Identity Access Management.
How do can you access the AWS platform? (3 ways)
1. Via the Console
2. Programmatically (using the Command Line)
3. Using the Software Developers Kit (SDK)
How do you set permissions to a group?
You need to apply a policy to that group.
What do policies consist of?
Java Script Object Notation (JSON). These are referred to as key value pairs. You have your key, such as name and then value, such as karenferrero.
What is S3? (Simple Storage Service)
It provides developers and IT teams with secure, durable, highly-scalable object storage. It is easy to use, with a simple web services interface to store and retrieve any amount of data from anywhere on the web. It is a safe place to store your files. It is object-based storage. The data is spread across multiple devices and facilities.
S3 - The Basics
1. S3 is object-based - it allows you to upload files
2. Files can be from 0 bytes to 5 TB.
3. There is unlimited storage.
4. Files are stored in buckets.
5. S3 is a universal namespace. That is, names must be unique globally.
6. Names look like: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/acloudguru or https://REGION/amazonaws.com/YOURUNIQUEBUCKETNAME
7. When you upload a file to S3, you will receive a HTTP 200 code if the upload was successful.
Data Consistency Model for S3
1. Read after Write consistency for PUTS of new Objects - creating a new object/file
2. Eventual Consistency for overwrite PUTS and DELETES (can take some time to propagate) - updating an existing object/file
S3 Objects Consist of....
S3 is object based and the objects consist of:
1. Key (this is the name of the object)
2. Value (the data is made up of a sequence of bytes)
3. Version ID (important for versioning)
4. Metadata (data about data you're storing)
5. Subresources: Access Control Lists (ACLs) and Torrent
S3 - Information and metrics
Built for 99.99% availability
Amazon guarantees 99.9% availability
Amazon guarantees eleven 9's durability
Tiered storage available
Secure your data using Access Control Lists and Bucket Policies [Show Less]