1. A nrse is caring for a client who has compartment syndrome following the application of a tast
to the leg. Which of the following.. nrse take?
A. Ch... [Show More] eck the client's pedal pulses
B.Administer a dose of antlemetic medication
C.Position the client's leg above the level of the
D.Apply ice to the extremity
2. A nrse is providing teaching about home safety to the adult child of an older adult client who is
postoperative following knee replacement surgery.Which of the following instructions should
the nrse include
A. Place a throw rug over electrical cords
B. Encourag the client to avoid wearing shoes at home C.Mark the edges of the
doorway to the house with tape
D.Ensure that area rugs have rubber backs
3. A nrse manager is reviewing the steps of the progressive discipline process prior to counseling a
staff member who exhibits unprofessional behavior. Identify the sequence of steps the nrse
manager should plan to take in response to the staff member's conduct. (Move the steps into
the box on the right, placing them in order of performance. Use all the steps.)
2- Give the staff member a written earning about the behavior.
1- Verbally remind the staff member of the expected behavior changes.
4- Suspend the staff member from employment at the facility 5-
Dismiss the staff member from employment at the facility.
3- Set up a meeting to speak with the staff member about the behavior.A nrse in an emergency department is caring for a toddler who has burns following a house fire.
Which of the following actions should the nrse take first?
A. Calculate the fluid replacement based on vital signs and urinary
B. outputDetermine the location and depth of burns
C. Administer antibiotics to prevent sepsis.
D. Check the mouth for smooth and smoky breath
5. A nrse is caring for a client who has a pressure injury on the coccyx .Which of thefollowing should
indicateto the nrse that… a stage III pressure injury ?
A. Bone is exposed within the wound
B. Shough and eschar is present
C. Subcutaneous fat is visible
D. The skin is reddened and intact
6. (OJO) A newly licensed nrse is unsure if an assigned task is within their scope of practice.
which of the following resources should the nrse consult?
A. Written prescription from the provider
B. .Institutional policies and procedures
C. Verbal direction from the nrse manager
D. State Nrse Practice Act
7. A nrse is caring for a client who has a prescription for 1 unit of packed RBCS. Flve minutes after
beginning the transfusion… with chills. After stopping the transfusion, which of the following
actions should the nrse taket?
A. Infuse 500 mL lactated Ringer's Iv.
B. Adininister epinephrine Subcutaneously.
C. Document the reaction in the medical record.
D. Place the blood bag in a biohazard bag before discarding [Show Less]