ATI Pharmacology Proctored Exam 2020
(COMPLETE SOLUTION WITH CORRECT ANSWERS
1. A nurse is assessing a client who is receiving chloramp... [Show More] henicol
(Chloromycetin). Which of the following findings is an adverse effect of
this medication? (adverse affect is thrombocytopenia)
on o Anxiety
2. A nurse is caring for a client who is to receive 1,500 mL of 0.9% sodium
chloride IV over 8 hours. The nurse plans to use IV tubing with a drop factor
of 10 gtt/mL.
How many gtt/min of IV fluid should the client receive? (Round your
answer to the nearest whole number).
3. A nurse is admitting a client to a long-term care facility. While reconciling
the medication prescribed at home with those prescribed in the facility, the
nurse discovers a discrepancy in the dosages. Which action should the nurse
o Clarify the medication dosages with the provider.
o Change the prescribed medication dosages to reconcile the
discrepancy o Contact the pharmacist regarding the dosage
o Ask a family member to verify the medication dosages
4. A nurse is caring for a client who is receiving a fentanyl transdermal
system (Duragesic). What is important to document in the client’srecord?
intake o Skin
rate o Pulse rate
5. A nurse is caring for a client who has acute angina and has a prescription for
nitroglycerin. Which of the following is an appropriate intervention for the nurse to
take when administering this medication?
o Massage the nitroglycerin ointment completely into
the skin. o Replace the nitroglycerin transdermal patch
every 4 hours.
o Administer a sustained nitroglycerin tablet orally.
o Administer a nitroglycerin tablet sublingually every 5 minutes.
6. A nurse is preparing to administer infliximab (Remicade) to a client who has
rheumatoid arthritis. The nurse should watch the patient for which of the following
adverse effects? (Select all that apply.)
a o Jaundice
Urtip [Show Less]