ATI NUTRITION RETAKE EXAM 2022
. Nurse is reviewing the medication administration record for a client who is 2 day
postoperative following abdominal surg... [Show More] ery. The nurse should recognize that which of the
following medications places the client at risk for wound dehiscence?
2. nurse is assessing client who is recovering from a stroke. Which of the following findings
is a manifestation of dysphagia?
3. nurse is providing nutritional education to a client who is obese. The nurse should include
in the information that which of the following gastrointestinal disorder is commonly
associated with obesity?
Gastroesophageal reflux disease
4. nurse is providing teaching to a client who has prescription for a low-saturated fat diet.
Which of the following statement by the client indicates an understanding of the
I can choose an avocado dip instead of salsa"
5. nurse is teaching the family of a school age child who is obese about complications of
childhood obesity. Which of the following complications should the nurse include in the
6. Client is prescribed a 1,500-calorid diet. Thirty percent of the calories are to be derived
from fat. How many grams of fat should the nurse tell the client to consume per day?
(round the answer to the nearest whole number. Use a leading zero if it applied. Do not
use a trailing zero
1,500 devided by .3 (30%) = 450
450 diveded by 7.7 (1gram = 7.7 calories) = 58.44 or 58 grams
7. nurse at a health clinic is preparing to administer the inactivated influenza vaccine to a
client. The nurse should ask the client about allergies to which of the following foods?
8. nurse is caring for a client who follows a vegan diet. The nurse should identify that the
client is at risk for which of the following deficiencies?
9. nurse is initiating continuous enteral feeding for a client who has a new gastrostomy tube.
Which of the following actions should the nurse take?
Measure the client's gastric residual every 12 hr
10. nurse is planning dietary teaching for client who adheres to a vegan diet. The nurse
should identify that the client is at greatest risk for which of the following nutrient
Omega-3 fatty acids
11. nurse is teaching a client who has Parkinson's disease and is prescribed a monoamine
oxidase inhibitor. Which of the following instructions should the nurse include?
"Avoid aged cheeses while taking this medication"
12. nurse is caring for a client who has dysphagia. Which of the following action should the
nurse take? [Show Less]