A nurse is teaching a group of older adult clients about dietary needs. Which of the following
statements should the nurse include in the teaching?
A. Ol... [Show More] der adults should decrease their calorie intake
B. Older adults should decrease their vitamin D intake
C. Older adults should decrease their fiber intake
D. Older adults should decrease their zinc intake.
2. A nurse is caring for a client who is receiving parenteral nutrition and has a new prescription for
probiotic therapy. Which of the following findings indicates the therapy is effective?
A. Client has soft, formed bowel movements
B. Client’s mucous membranes are pink
C. Client reports ability to complete ADLs
D. Client’s blood glucose level is within the expected reference range
3. A nurse is planning care for a client who is to have a mechanically altered diet following a stroke
which of the following foods should nurse recommend to include in the client’s diet?
A. Mashed potatoes
B. Ice cream
C. Ground meat
E. Raw broccoli
4. A nurse is teaching a client who has hemoglobin of 10 g/dl about dietary interventions. Which of the
following menu selections by the client indicates an understanding of the teaching?
A. Apple slices
B. Cottage cheese
C. Beef liver
D. Baked potato
5. A nurse is caring for a client who is receiving chemotherapy and reports a loss of appetite. Which of
the following strategies should the nurse recommend to increase the client’s protein intake?
A. Grate cheese into soups
B. Add mayonnaise to salads
C. Use honey on toast
D. Mix granola with fruits
6. A nurse is planning dietary teaching for a client who follows a vegetarian diet and needs to increase
his iron intake. Which of the following food recommendations should the nurse include in the
A. Raw cauliflower
B. Carrot sticks
C. Peanut butter
D. Dried beans
7. A nurse is providing teaching about a gluten free diet to a client who has celiac disease. Which of the
following foods should the nurse recommend the client include in his diet?
C. Wheat germ
This study source was downloaded by 100000831777157 from CourseHero.com on 06-24-2022 14:51:50 GMT -05:00
8. A nurse is planning to reach a client who is recovering from an episode of acute diverticulitis and
needs to eat foods that are high in fiber. Which of the following food choices should the nurse plan to
recommend as having the highest [Show Less]